Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO - PRE ORDERS OPEN...

8 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

You know you really want a threesome.  Why not order a grey one as well to complete the set.....

Just a thought.

But to make a full set I would also need a lined green one!

I mean, the blue livery is only a distant possibility at this time!

And before anyone suggests I repaint one, I am not that brave yet!!

Steve S

On 04/12/2020 at 10:20, James Hilton said:

With a varied career in military and industrial service, the Kerr Stuart Victory class wore a number of liveries. For modellers it is also very suitable for freelance applications; alternative industrial uses or even survival to preservation-era layouts.

I have read a story in another forum that there was an attempt to preserve one of the 'Victory's, but this fell through when a building was demolished on top of the loco at a South Wales colliery. Does anyone have a clue which of the 'Victory's it was? Given their locations I suspect it would be one of the two Aberaman engines - 18 and 19 (formerly IW&D 10 and 15) were scrapped as late as 1969.

Edited by MattA

The Victory alleged subject of an unsuccessful preservation attempt was the last survivor KS 3066 at Aberaman, scrapped between August 1971 and May 1972. Some of us who were admirers of FRANCIS KS 3068 at Walkden did ask for tender documents from the NCB when 'he' was withdrawn in 1968 but, from failing memory of fifty years ago, the firebox was in poor condition and attention was turned elsewhere. Incidentally so far as I am aware FRANCIS only ran in lined black livery whilst fitted with a normal chimney. The red livery lined yellow was applied when the Giesl chimney arrangement was fitted around 1965.

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, H16LSWR said:

Incidentally so far as I am aware FRANCIS only ran in lined black livery whilst fitted with a normal chimney. The red livery lined yellow was applied when the Giesl chimney arrangement was fitted around 1965.

Not too bothered about reality (after all, it's still a toy train at the end of the day), I would prefer my lined red one to have a proper chimney.