Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

• RMweb Premium

We've had a strong start to the pre-order campaign, thank you to everyone who has supported us so far.

The black and maroon liveries were virtually neck and neck over the first few days, although maroon has now edged in to the lead and the others are catching up.

Interestingly (or perhaps not!), maroon livery customers have been more likely to pay fully in advance. We are still trying to determine the psychological basis for this. If you ordered a sound-fitted model you were more likely to have chosen the grey IW&D livery.

If you're on the look out for a potentially RARE (eBay) model in the future, I would at this stage recommend a DCC (non-sound) fitted grey loco as this particular combination has been the least ordered so far.

9d54951d-bd71-4396-8283-922972792ed2.png

Pre-orders remain open at https://www.planetindustrials.co.uk/

Happy Friday!

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5

14 minutes ago, cornelius said:

We've had a strong start to the pre-order campaign, thank you to everyone who has supported us so far.

The black and maroon liveries were virtually neck and neck over the first few days, although maroon has now edged in to the lead and the others are catching up.

Interestingly (or perhaps not!), maroon livery customers have been more likely to pay fully in advance. We are still trying to determine the psychological basis for this. If you ordered a sound-fitted model you were more likely to have chosen the grey IW&D livery.

If you're on the look out for a potentially RARE (eBay) model in the future, I would at this stage recommend a DCC (non-sound) fitted grey loco as this particular combination has been the least ordered so far.

9d54951d-bd71-4396-8283-922972792ed2.png

Pre-orders remain open at https://www.planetindustrials.co.uk/

Happy Friday!

I let Samson pick ours, it was between black or maroon, and he went straight for maroon. 

Paul. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, cornelius said:

Jolly good, I finally chose my two today but went for the deposit with so many other items due at the moment just spreading the load ;) 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 08/01/2021 at 20:05, cornelius said:

Problem is if I pre-order a large amount of models to falsely inflate the rarity value over time, I then upset the balance of the rarity and then have to buy up the next least popular combination, but then if I pre-order a large amount of models to.....

NURSE! I think I need my medication again.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
On 13/01/2021 at 15:34, Wickham Green too said:

Is that reckoned to be akin to the "mid-green" that E.K.R. No.4 carried ( Many, many, many years before the RAL system was devised ) ?

We can't be certain that it's a precise match but we're also not selling the loco as EKR 4. Our feeling is that it's a reasonably close mid green that also will be suitable for freelance applications.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rembrow said:

Pretty amazing progress, just seen an e-mail from PI showing photos of the factory test fit of the Victory body diecast and plastic parts. 

Me too. Absolutely gorgeous. Still humming over the grey or green one. Grey fits in with late SECR while green is just simply more EKR style......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

We like to give our email subscribers a head start on these updates as thank you for signing up, so join the mailing list at https://planetindustrials.co.uk/ to get the news first!

But yes, we're pleased to be able to show these test shot parts from the factory in China. We hope you'll agree that the chunky presence of the Victory class is already apparent in these photos. Next step will be the full engineering prototype, work will continue on this after the Chinese New Year holiday. You can see the die-cast boiler and smokebox, which in addition to the metal chassis block and footplate should put a very useful amount of weight into this industrial loco.

As a reminder, our pre-order scheme will be running until we’ve signed off the decorated samples and placed the production order. There are three options available:

1) Pre-order and pay in full for the best price, £115 with free UK delivery for a DC loco, £160 for DCC and £215 for DCC sound

2) Pre-order and pay a £30 deposit, you'll pay the balance of the discounted price plus shipping when the models arrive.

3) Reserve with no deposit and pay the full price plus shipping once the models arrive.

All the livery variants can be pre-ordered at Light Railway Stores using this direct link:

https://www.lightrailwaystores.co.uk/collections/victory-variants

More to come soon!

Pi Victory Test1.jpeg

Pi Victory Test2.jpeg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

Yes no doubt Steve or James will post them here later too and it’s looking good :) 

Thanks Paul, and others,, and yes Steve and I are trying to keep our excitement in check, and send to our loyal subscribers before sharing more widely... It’s lovely to see you all posting here about it before we did!

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, James Hilton said:

Steve and I are trying to keep our excitement in check

You’re not the only ones! :lol: 

RTR industrials have been a long time coming and now what a choice! I wonder if a modular industrial layout would work. The Mini Eastwell layout was always a favourite of mine. 
http://www.ambisengineering.co.uk/eastwell/EIC.htm

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

You’re not the only ones! :lol: 

RTR industrials have been a long time coming and now what a choice! I wonder if a modular industrial layout would work. The Mini Eastwell layout was always a favourite of mine. 
http://www.ambisengineering.co.uk/eastwell/EIC.htm

James and I have discussed a few ideas for a joint, possibly modular industrial layout. Unfortunately the length of the bridging section between Sussex and Denbighshire would be impractical even in non-Covid times!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, cornelius said:

James and I have discussed a few ideas for a joint, possibly modular industrial layout. Unfortunately the length of the bridging section between Sussex and Denbighshire would be impractical even in non-Covid times!

Well you could do what the US modellers do with interchange traffic. Everything that goes in the exchange siding gets boxed up and posted or exchanged at shows and then swaps back at subsequent meet ups ;)

I'm just at the point of placing a pre-order, but need some advice about the DCC fitted loco. I've fitted £20 Zimo next18 decoders to my Bachmann J72s and V1s, both a very simple task taking a couple of minutes per loco. As the price increase for DCC locos is £45 which decoder are you using, and does the loco body easily come away from the chassis? £45 does seem a lot to me.

5 minutes ago, Amand said:

I'm just at the point of placing a pre-order, but need some advice about the DCC fitted loco. I've fitted £20 Zimo next18 decoders to my Bachmann J72s and V1s, both a very simple task taking a couple of minutes per loco. As the price increase for DCC locos is £45 which decoder are you using, and does the loco body easily come away from the chassis? £45 does seem a lot to me.

Personally if your happy/capable of fitting a decoder I would say fit it yourself, I have yet to come across a model loco (especially DCC ready/fitted)  that has been difficult to fit decoders to. In the end it comes down to how you feel about doing the job yourself or paying somebody else to do it for you.

Trust that my view helps you decide it will be your loco and it will be your decision to do what your happy  doing regarding fitting the decoder.

• Thanks 1

A handful of screws and the chassis is released, the decoded fits inside the tank, and intent is this is a straightforward fit.

Final specification to be confirmed, but the intent is to use Zimo decoders for both straight DCC and sound options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, Amand said:

Thanks for your interest. The DCC options are priced based on hardware cost from our supplier and process time. Due to the projected uptake of these options it's more efficient for us to fit in the UK rather than order multiple configurations from the factory. 

The body is designed to be removed from the chassis with two screws so as johnd and James say, if you're comfortable fitting next18 chips yourself you shouldn't have any problems. 

Edited by cornelius
  • Thanks 1

I've pre-ordered and paid a deposit for a plain black DCC ready loco.

Then the email arrived!

And now I find myself wanting a lined maroon one, too!

Oh dear.

I can't justify two! They are big beasts!

Besides which, I really want a lined blue one (as a fictional PLA loco!)

I think I need a sit down and a strong drink, to build up my resistance! 

Steve S

26 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

I've pre-ordered and paid a deposit for a plain black DCC ready loco.

Then the email arrived!

And now I find myself wanting a lined maroon one, too!

Oh dear.

I can't justify two! They are big beasts!

Besides which, I really want a lined blue one (as a fictional PLA loco!)

I think I need a sit down and a strong drink, to build up my resistance! 

Steve S

You know you really want a threesome.  Why not order a grey one as well to complete the set.....

Just a thought.

• Funny 3