Planet Industrials - Kerr Stuart Victory RTR in OO...

James Hilton

2 hours ago, cornelius said:

James and I are split on EKR no 4 as it was one of the first two locos in the class that was built with a taller cab, not represented on our model. The livery is a firm option but whether we do it with or without the lettering might depend on what people are willing to bear!

This is great - If you get the colour right (green with black surrounds and white lining), the yellow letters and numbers I can add myself. Not worried about the cab height.

(you may already know but...) The loco on the EKR is detailed in depth in this book here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/East-Kent-Railway-Nationalisation-Operation/dp/0853616094/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=east+kent+railway&qid=1604780893&s=books&sr=1-5

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

That looks really desirable! When you are designing the model I'd be grateful if you could bear in mind EM/P4.

Cheers 

Great to see this model announced, but a +1 for anything you can do design-wise to make the EM/P4 conversion easier.  Key to me looks to be clearance between leading wheelset and the crosshead.....  although thankfully the CAD model seems to suggest the cylinders are a separate component so if all else fails I dare say this can be modified to move the cylinders outwards to create a bit of room....

Fingers crossed!

Alastair

• Like 3

Thank you chaps!

We’ve got some ideas for follow up projects but want to see the production models underway before we start anything else. In the meantime there are more kits on the way, the Peckett cabs are back in stock and we’ll share it all on the newsletter first, then here and Facebook.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, cornelius said:

Thanks, glad to hear your interest!

The independent East Kent Railway had one which ran in green, as mentioned above. This made it into British Railways ownership but it's believed it never carried its assigned BR number and was scrapped in 1949.

Having said that, an olive green one for e.g. Southampton docks post-war sounds like plausible freelance...

There's a photo in the Lawson Finch East Kent Railway book that according to the caption shows No. 4 at Ashford in 1949, with cutting up in progress- the valve gear and upper part of the cab have been removed, and it's definitely still wearing EKR livery

As I've just started work on a small test track/shunting plank, one of these will definitely be joining my industrial fleet- and even with the cab height discrepancy mentioned earlier in the thread, EKR No. 4 might be too tempting to resist

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, cornelius said:

Having said that, an olive green one for e.g. Southampton docks post-war sounds like plausible freelance...

Stop it....

... I don’t need one... 

• Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

This weekend has been fantastic, what a wonderful reception on our exciting new adventure, and warmest thanks to everyone who has contacted us, commented or engaged in any way, Steve and I are both humbled. Please do sign up to the newsletter, like us on Facebook and keep your comments, questions and likes coming. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Brilliant news! 

Certainly one will be making its way to me. 

Rob. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 08/11/2020 at 17:54, Graham_Muz said:

Stop it....

... I don’t need one... 

Oh yes, you do! Perfect on Canute Road Quay, in Southern livery and/or early BR black (okay, fictional, but wouldn't it look good?)

Perfect alongside your USA tanks!

Steve S

PS

I want one, too! (Fictional BR black and PLA blue!! :laugh_mini2:

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Kepier Colliery said:

It looks an excellent 'Must Have' !!  When things are sorted how about doing this version ?  Lambton Loco 41

Hetton Loco 41 LHJC b (KS 3074 1917) at Hetton Lyons Shed.jpg

It's definitely an interesting one! However it would require entire new mouldings for the cab/tank and cab front and rear so probably not practical for a one-off.

David L.O. Smith took a razor saw to a Minerva 7mm scale Victory and it came up pretty well so you could always buy a spare to experiment on :D

https://www.davidlosmith.co.uk/KerrStuartVictoryNo41.htm

Edited by cornelius
  • Informative/Useful 1

5 minutes ago, Kepier Colliery said:

It looks an excellent 'Must Have' !!  When things are sorted how about doing this version ?  Lambton Loco 41

Hetton Loco 41 LHJC b (KS 3074 1917) at Hetton Lyons Shed.jpg

I think we’ll offer a cab conversion kit for the Lambton one, as it’s a significant tool for just one prototype. 

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Hello, hello, what's all this? New locomotives for Newport Pill?  Both Western 666 & 667 worked nearly all of their lives in Newport. 

Yes please! 

Edit:-  The plain black version will be spot-on. Just a set of numberlates, and, when they get released, the Western add-ons.  Nice. 

Happy Christmas!

Ian.

Edited by tomparryharry
yes.

On 10/11/2020 at 21:30, James Hilton said:

I think we’ll offer a cab conversion kit for the Lambton one, as it’s a significant tool for just one prototype. 

+1 for that option please!

LOVE me a good odd industrial

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomparryharry said:

Hello, hello, what's all this? New locomotives for Newport Pill?  Both Western 666 & 667 worked nearly all of their lives in Newport. 

Yes please! 

Will the model allow these to be represented?

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.