MDO & MDV 21 Ton Mineral Wagons, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, phil gollin said:

I was thinking of getting the MDO five-pack, but it includes pre-TOPS and TOPS together  -  any chance of a collection of pre-TOPS  ones only ?

Thanks.

you can contact us via email too and we can do a custom bundle made up of the packs you want. Just email us for your requirements! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Down_Under said:

Great news. Order on the way. Is The MC metals version limited to Rails? 

Hoping for some IU rebodies in the future (inc packing straw) to go with your other Onllwyn Colliery IU wagons 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/95430950@N07/45215100972

James 

HI James,

Correct, the MC metals pack is an exclusive to Rails.

Cheers!

Fran

I managed to catch a few of these in action right at the end of their lives in Cardiff in 1987. My main focus with videoing were class 40s from 1983 onwards, and by 1987 it was just 40122 soldiering on. On a trip from Crewe to Cardiff I caught 37308 on a loaded rake at the 6:10 mark here 

• Like 5

The kit builders curse strikes! I've just built 3 ex Chivers Finelines MDV's, Oh well. There was at least one Scottish pit using MDV's in shortish block trains, as a clip appears on a DVD I have featuring the final years of the class 27's.  Bundle ordered, 15 behind a class 27 or a fitted head for a long rake of mixed minerals behind a scruffy green D6, decisions decisions, just need to build a layout now!

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

But great stuff and superb detail now get on with the GWR version and find a 16 tonner nobody else has done yet and do it to this standard (is there one?).

Or maybe just to do a 16 tonner to this standard - I am sure people will buy them.

• Agree 10

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

I managed to catch a few of these in action right at the end of their lives in Cardiff in 1987. My main focus with videoing were class 40s from 1983 onwards, and by 1987 it was just 40122 soldiering on. On a trip from Crewe to Cardiff I caught 37308 on a loaded rake at the 6:10 mark here 

Lovely video, not sure its July 1987 though..

11.39secs in you can see Crewe Heritage Centre at an early point in construction, but it was open in July 1987.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Daddyman said:

Nice choice! 

But what happened to the body supports on the solebars? - it's there in your artwork but not on the models. 

They’re hastily assembled pre-production samples that have just arrived from China in time for the virtual show. The finished models will have them.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Damo666 said:

@Accurascale Fran  Looking at the artwork and the sample product, is the opening end correct relative to the underframe?

Hopper.JPG.5ed630af68b413352fbf98b14bc54a98.JPG

1277918974_Hopper2.JPG.d0f473fe4de4de94092fc29f8bdc4cb3.JPG

The lever is always to the right side of the wagon, so if you turn the sample around it will match the artwork.

Cheers!

Fran

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Lovely video, not sure its July 1987 though..

11.39secs in you can see Crewe Heritage Centre at an early point in construction, but it was open in July 1987.

I’ll check my moves books, I had 26,000 miles off 40122 between 1983 and 1988 so it might take some time!

• Like 1