MDO & MDV 21 Ton Mineral Wagons, by Accurascale

On 05/03/2021 at 18:50, Rivercider said:

I believe the last use of MDOs was export coal through Swansea Docks which lasted until early 1987.

Coal was moved in block trains of MDVs in South Wales into 1991.

cheers 

The box body on the MGR chassis to produce the MAB would be good to run with these!

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, BR Blue said:

I ordered some MDVs today but some of the packs are already sold out on the Accurascale website. I was not expecting that so soon.

Correct @BR Blue, MDV packs D and E have sold out on us. It caught us unaware too but these wagons have been hugely popular, especially since we showed decorated samples last month. With production well under way we cannot add any more wagons to the production run. Each production run we do is increased but demand seems to be getting ever stronger with every model we do, which is much appreciated!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Still available at Accurascale retailers. I also didn't expect them to sell out so quickly but on reading the news I preordered the D and E packs from a certain retailer close to the NYMR. I would like more than 6 TOPS MDVs to make a complete rake so them selling out bodes well for another run. Fingers crossed.

Regards

PJ10 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Southernman46 said:

Any hope of a D & E pack re-run for those mere mortals that decided to save up first :D ??

unfortunately no. We will likely do future runs of the wagons but won’t repeat Packs. 

We do offer flexible installment options

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, phil gollin said:

Will there be coal loads for these available seperately ?

‘Real Coal’ loads are planned to be released around the time they are in shops. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies in advance for mentioning a competitors product, but I have ordered 3 sets of Acc pre TOPS grey 21 tonners, It's just that the TMC/Bachmann 24.5 ton type are also now in production and the two types will produce prototype mixed flows. TMC have now priced their model.

Edited by rembrow
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

mmexport1622109483841.jpg.ecd5644b401de6bb2f4de43c5ef9b8e9.jpg

mmexport1622109514124.jpg.7212f063ead8224849b63a79624175ae.jpg

Our MDO and MDV 21ton mineral wagons are progressing nicely at our factory and still on course for delivery in Q3 2021! As you can see, the MDVs are largely complete and the MDOs are in assembly. After that it will be the turn of the Coil As. That MDV underframe detail!

mmexport1622109249727.jpg.0b243b5ac8a6a0b739d2b23860dac62c.jpg

mmexport1622109030205.jpg.84c67629458b6bfd157faabaef84f06d.jpg

Some packs of the MDV are already sold out on pre-order, and some MDOs are now on the endangered species list too. These have been our best selling wagons from launch ever, with packs selling out before we even land them. We will have to line up more production runs and keep them in the range for many years to come! Thank you to everyone who has ordered and supported us, we really couldn't do it without you!

Order via your local stockist, or direct via our website! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/mdo-mdv-21-ton-mineral-wagons 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

That’s great news Fran ! The market has been lacking bread and butter detailed 60s/70s wagons for a while now ... these certainly occupy that niche. Others are 21 ton hoppers, 16 ton minerals and vent vans .... all of which along with your 21 tonners would be regular sales to modellers of that era. Keep ‘em coming please! 

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

That’s great news Fran ! The market has been lacking bread and butter detailed 60s/70s wagons for a while now ... these certainly occupy that niche. Others are 21 ton hoppers, 16 ton minerals and vent vans .... all of which along with your 21 tonners would be regular sales to modellers of that era. Keep ‘em coming please! 

Thanks Phil! As we say with our HUOs it is certainly a popular era and one we love too, so we are delighted that these wagons have been very popular. 

I also forgot to mention we are working on coal loads for these too and will have news on them very soon! 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

I also forgot to mention we are working on coal loads for these too and will have news on them very soon! 

Cheers!

Fran 

Fran, you also forgot to say youre working on a class 40 to pull them.....

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

22 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Fran, you also forgot to say youre working on a class 40 to pull them.....

Or the CEGB 18" RSH 0-6-0 used to haul them off when that class 40 (or pair of SLW Rats) have scurried away waiting for their fly ash...no? ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Zunnan said:

Or the CEGB 18" RSH 0-6-0 used to haul them off when that class 40 (or pair of SLW Rats) have scurried away waiting for their fly ash...no? ;)

We are talking about the Hams Hall variety I take it "Zunnan".  Yup.  I'd have one. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Oooh you little tease.

The wheels look a tad on the thick side, ISTR you specified RP25/88 for these wagons, is it my eyes or are they on temporary wheelsets?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Indeed we did, but after testing with the engineering samples and feedback from the cemflos that derailments can occur on less than perfect track (which more people than we realised had!) so we have reverted back to industry standard 110 to ensure reliability. However, they're easily swapped out for 88s, EM, P4 etc.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mike,

Indeed we did, but after testing with the engineering samples and feedback from the cemflos that derailments can occur on less than perfect track (which more people than we realised had!) so we have reverted back to industry standard 110 to ensure reliability. However, they're easily swapped out for 88s, EM, P4 etc.

Cheers!

Fran 

No worries, but the Yorkshireman in me was looking forward to not having to buy new wheelsets, a simple widening of RP25/88 being near enough to EMGS standards, for me at least!

Of course, as you are doing replacement wider gauge wheelsets for such as the EE Type 3 and the Deltic to a finer standard,  (you still are aren't you?), then knocking out a few 3 hole wagon wheels to a similar design will be a piece of cake, if you get my drift?!!

Mike.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Enterprisingwestern said:

No worries, but the Yorkshireman in me was looking forward to not having to buy new wheelsets, a simple widening of RP25/88 being near enough to EMGS standards, for me at least!

Of course, as you are doing replacement wider gauge wheelsets for such as the EE Type 3 and the Deltic to a finer standard,  (you still are aren't you?), then knocking out a few 3 hole wagon wheels to a similar design will be a piece of cake, if you get my drift?!!

Mike.

It's something we've been looking into, Mike and have been working on some prototypes with various finescale societies. Ongoing!

Re loco wheels, yes, we still are. Will have news on that too in the coming weeks, all going well!

Cheers,

Fran  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mike,

Cheers!

Fran 

How about supplying the models with fine scale wheels but making course scale wheels available for those with course scale track. Its a shame to see the standards drop for compromise after all they are labelled accurascale . It may help to  increase modelling standards after all that's what most of us strive for. 

Just a thought 

cheers Greg

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
On 27/05/2021 at 11:48, Phil Bullock said:

Agree, I’m mainly waiting for the HTO/HTV announcement that I seem to have missed!!!!!

• Agree 2