MDO & MDV 21 Ton Mineral Wagons, by Accurascale

4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We're not so happy about the paint finish in some areas, and have asked the factory to rectify this for production as it is not up to the standards we demand. This will receive attention and the quality of the paint finish will be much better on the models you receive.

To be honest, the paint finish isn't going to last two minutes once I get my hands on my wagons. All-steel wagons get repainted as part of my weathering process. Just gimme the wagons! :yahoo:Have you considered producing unpainted wagons, perhaps at a lower cost, in future?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Ruston said:

To be honest, the paint finish isn't going to last two minutes once I get my hands on my wagons. All-steel wagons get repainted as part of my weathering process. Just gimme the wagons! :yahoo:Have you considered producing unpainted wagons, perhaps at a lower cost, in future?

Glad to hear it, Dave!

TBH unpainted wagons would not sell in the quantities we work in and in reality the painting process is pence in the overall production process, so it wouldnt really pass on any savings. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Ruston said:

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Glad to hear it, Dave!

TBH unpainted wagons would not sell in the quantities we work in and in reality the painting process is pence in the overall production process, so it wouldnt really pass on any savings. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Coming soon, Accurascale paint stripper, as specially formulated for Ruston.

Don't miss a trick these Accurascale chaps!

Mike.

• Funny 7

54 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Coming soon, Accurascale paint stripper, as specially formulated for Ruston.

Don't miss a trick these Accurascale chaps!

Mike.

It's got to be better than Nitromors, so put my name down for some! :D

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

Grimethorpe 66  https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/grimethorpecoalite/e6bbc36d5 - completely different brake rigging, from a hopper, clasp brakes on one side with no brake shoes at all on the other side. 

Grimethorpe 142 https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/grimethorpecoalite/e6f36a620 - completely different brake rigging, from a hopper. 

Grimethorpe 166   https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/grimethorpecoalite/e69a20522  - completely different brake rigging, from a hopper. 

Hi Paul,

Our internal user industrial wagon pack has been produced within the parameters of the MDO tooling - we have taken inspiration from the Grimethorpe Coalite livery but they are not intended to be models of these exact wagons. As you note there are a number of detail differences, as these vehicles were modified, rebodied and patched up. Our hope is that they can find a home on any modelled industry where this type of wagon might end its days in industrial service, and should be a great base for serious weathering projects.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 28/05/2021 at 07:31, Enterprisingwestern said:

Oooh you little tease.

The wheels look a tad on the thick side, ISTR you specified RP25/88 for these wagons, is it my eyes or are they on temporary wheelsets?

Mike.

On 28/05/2021 at 10:14, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mike,

Indeed we did, but after testing with the engineering samples and feedback from the cemflos that derailments can occur on less than perfect track (which more people than we realised had!) so we have reverted back to industry standard 110 to ensure reliability. However, they're easily swapped out for 88s, EM, P4 etc.

Cheers!

Fran 

Dog with a bone mode on.

The Cemflo's and hoppers already had RP25/88 wheelsets, so, ergo, I would imagine you have these reasonably easily available, therefore would it be possible to offer these as an accessory, (I realise that offering them as a option fit isn't practical), only available with a wagon purchase at a competitive price for those of us PITA's who wish to model to a slightly finer standard?

Mode off.

Mike.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Dog with a bone mode on.

The Cemflo's and hoppers already had RP25/88 wheelsets, so, ergo, I would imagine you have these reasonably easily available, therefore would it be possible to offer these as an accessory, (I realise that offering them as a option fit isn't practical), only available with a wagon purchase at a competitive price for those of us PITA's who wish to model to a slightly finer standard?

Mode off.

Mike.

Hi Mike,

The hoppers had 110s. We can look into making them available as a separate item though from the cemflos? We can assess demand and go from there.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

What a great idea! 

Accurascale 2021 wagon too? Christmas?

Stop this before it gets silly, there are sufficient manufacturers producing this sort of thing!

To paraphrase, if Accurascale did Christmas …

A Dubonet tank and complementary bottle.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Bishdurham said:

I like it and so ordered one.  Hope it does well for Jenny.

It's also an easy way to buy a single wagon, and get a feel for all the accurascale goodness :)

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, McC said:

It's also an easy way to buy a single wagon, and get a feel for all the accurascale goodness :)

Of course now you will need to supply coal loads in singles too!  :man_in_love_mini:

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

imagen.png.f73cd0d979258adc03d356be95d98e8a.png

Mike.

A set of these, scratchbuilt mind, used to run on the auld Adavoyle layouts.

Irish broad gauge to P4 standards - nice...

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, iak said:

A set of these, scratchbuilt mind, used to run on the auld Adavoyle layouts.

Irish broad gauge to P4 standards - nice...

Hi @iak,

I'm happy to report that they still do. Adavoyle currently resides in the clubrooms of the South Dublin Model Railway Club and always a treat to see.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3

Just now, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @iak,

I'm happy to report that they still do. Adavoyle currently resides in the clubrooms of the South Dublin Model Railway Club and always a treat to see.

Cheers!

Fran 

Fantastic! 

The builder of that rake was a good friend of mine.

Nice to know more of his stock is still entertaining people.

• Like 2