MDO & MDV 21 Ton Mineral Wagons, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Shipping kicked off for these (and the coil As!) this afternoon and will take several more days to complete. In the meantime some previously sold out MDO/MDVs and Coil As are once again available on the site due to cancelled orders so if you were looking for a particular pack check out our website and move fast! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/mdo-mdv-21-ton-mineral-wagons

Cheers,

Fran 

I see from the e-mail I got notifying me of the despatch of my MDO's and MDV's that Accurascale's UK base is situated on the old Merton Priory site, quite near one of the old Tri-Ang factories and near the Wimbledon-West Croydon line (now Tramlink) and dismantled MertonPark to Tooting line.

I hope that inspires Accurascale to do something associated with the Wimbledon-West Croydon line   ?

One lives in hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Royal Mail tell me, by email, that mine will be delivered tomorrow.  Top quality despatch info and progress reporting from Accurascale and their 'carrier'.

Snap!

steve

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We're still powering on through the pre-orders of these (and the coil As) but we are getting there! Thank you all for your patience!

Cheers,

Fran 

Are you allowed to say if they have been sent to the shops yet (such as Rails) or are they yet to be shipped out?

thanks

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Are you allowed to say if they have been sent to the shops yet (such as Rails) or are they yet to be shipped out?

thanks

Hi Mark,

I believe all retail orders will leave our warehouse on Monday. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 3

On 01/10/2021 at 16:03, The Stationmaster said:

Royal Mail tell me, by email, that mine will be delivered tomorrow.  Top quality despatch info and progress reporting from Accurascale and their 'carrier'.

I was going to say 'Snap !" too ........ but didn't see any point !   

The postie's already been but I'm still being told "We normally expect to deliver to your address between 9:03am - 12:03pm" - and now "We have your item at Northern Ireland MC and it's on its way." ................ I reckon I have until Monday before I need to get excited !!?!

4/10/21 : "Your parcel from Accurascale is due to be delivered: Today, Monday, 4 October 2021* Between 09:43am and 12:43pm*" ( actually at 11.40 - and to prove it, Royal Mail e-mailed me, twice, to let me know ! )

Edited by Wickham Green too
  • Agree 1

On 25/09/2021 at 06:49, McC said:

My wagons have arrived in the US and they look great! 

But the pre-ordered and paid for coal loads were not included.  I ordered the coal loads when they were first listed, along with a Deltic.  I guess I'll have to wait for my Deltic to arrive to get the coal?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, TheEngineShed said:

But the pre-ordered and paid for coal loads were not included.  I ordered the coal loads when they were first listed, along with a Deltic.  I guess I'll have to wait for my Deltic to arrive to get the coal?

By default we ship complete orders, and each order individually unless you get in touch. 

If you have loads and a deltic together, that means by default we'll wait for the deltic, but drop us a line and we can arrange to split the order for you if you wish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McC said:

By default we ship complete orders, and each order individually unless you get in touch. 

If you have loads and a deltic together, that means by default we'll wait for the deltic, but drop us a line and we can arrange to split the order for you if you wish.

Unfortunately that will cost me an additional 15 pounds shipping for the two coal packs.  When I communicated with Accurascale earlier this year, Accurascale suggested adding the coal to the Deltic order to solve the check-out cart problem, because the cart would not allow me to add the coal to my previous wagon order.  Unfortunately the two orders weren't linked at that time in your system.  That's OK, they are great wagons, glad to have received them so promptly.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

I was going to say 'Snap !" too ........ but didn't see any point !   

The postie's already been but I'm still being told "We normally expect to deliver to your address between 9:03am - 12:03pm" - and now "We have your item at Northern Ireland MC and it's on its way." ................ I reckon I have until Monday before I need to get excited !!?!

Ditto. Annoying after getting excited, waiting in all morning and no delivery. 

Only after following up on the tracking did I find out still in NI.

Would have been better not to get the email!

• RMweb Gold

Tracking we're finding is at LEAST a day, in some cases two out of date of late. We see 'delivered' updates 48 hours after actual delivery for example, seems the tracking systems are running on a backlog or similar.

• Informative/Useful 1

23 hours ago, TheEngineShed said:

Although England is nearer to Ireland than the US is, the ship setting out from Liverpool to carry orders back to England has to heave to in the middle of the Irish Sea, whilst customs board it to search for contraband sausages. On the way back the ship has to be boarded again so that Nigel Farage can open every box of wagons, just to check that no illegal immigrants have concealed themselves inside.

Edited by Ruston
  • Like 2
  • Funny 9

Just come across this photo

21T minerals at Mossend 1989 by John Dedman

anyone know what flow these were likely to be on please? Coal, coal slurry or scrap?

thanks

edit: just found another which suggests scrap metal.

any insights would be much appreciated still :-)

More 21T minerals by John Dedman

Edited by black and decker boy
Another photo found

• RMweb Gold
On 02/10/2021 at 14:06, McC said:

Tracking we're finding is at LEAST a day, in some cases two out of date of late. We see 'delivered' updates 48 hours after actual delivery for example, seems the tracking systems are running on a backlog or similar.

I wonder if the weekend is having an effect?  I had an email from Royal Mail on Friday advising me that mine would be delivered before 3pm on Saturday by Parcel Farce.  That struck me as distinctly optimistic as they don't deliver on Saturday afternoons - if at all on that day.  And, not surprisingly they didn't arrive.

I had two more emails this morning - one at 08.10 to say the parcel would be delivered by 3 p.m. and another at 08.35 saying - absolutely accurately - that the parcel had been delivered.  The bloke who delivered it must have 'ticked it off' on the system as he left the front door :blink: and I'm not sure if it was Parcel Force or our normal (letter) postie who delivered it.  So apart from their ill-founded optimism about Saturday delivery what was recorded by them today was accurate and the delivery confirmation email came to me - if not you - very quickly.

Nicely packed parcel with no damage noticeable to the contents and including a delivery note from Irish Railway Models - oh and nine delectable wagons thank you.  I can't wait for the 16 tonners to go with them (always worth dropping a reminder ;) )

• Like 1