Jump to content

MDO & MDV 21 Ton Mineral Wagons, by Accurascale


Recommended Posts

On 23/06/2021 at 11:16, Accurascale Fran said:

 

We have also received our first samples of our Accuraloads for these wagons, which you can now pre order for just £8.95 per three pack. These loads will arrive in stock with the wagons.

There I was about to order some loads to go with my MDOs - but I thought "That looks like half decent coal - not the sort of carp these wagons spent most of their life carting to innumerable power stations." ............ any chance you might do Accuraloads of machine-cut fines at some time ??!?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The pre production model of the MDV I commissioned has finally made it to Wear Yard. Seen here in the company of a HUO for comparison, both sport appropriate loads (those who watch the Monday Club will realise why a TARDIS) ED6EB2D8-F8C6-439C-9890-B561E760E9C8.jpeg.0c06abd006045b0c03fd3d58ec1c9788.jpeg

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

 

Great news! Our MDO, MDV and Coil A wagons are complete and have begun their trip west! They are due to land with us in approx 7 weeks time where they will then be checked, packed and posted to everyone who has pre-ordered them.

 

227462302_image(25).png.522b126cb9690f03f1678d017fa4e911.png

 

With five of the 10 different MDO/V packs we have offered already sold out here at Accurascale they have proven to be our most successful wagon to date on pre-order. Make sure you check out your local stockist, or order direct to avoid disappointment! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/mdo-mdv-21-ton-mineral-wagons 

 

Cheers!

 

Fran 

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

A quick update on our MDO, MDV and Coil A wagons: the ship carrying them has completed the first leg of its journey and is currently in Singapore to set down and pick up more cargo. The goods are on course to arrive at our warehouse early next month and we will then begin shipping to customers, so the wait is almost over!

 

As Fran has said previously, a number of sets have already sold-out at the pre-order stage and more will soon be added to the endangered list.

 

1920781455_04_08.2021-MDO-MDV-CoilA.jpg.b8b937e76ddb5d3af951d7a68ab66cf7.jpg

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Patrick said:

A quick update on our MDO, MDV and Coil A wagons: the ship carrying them has completed the first leg of its journey and is currently in Singapore to set down and pick up more cargo. The goods are on course to arrive at our warehouse early next month and we will then begin shipping to customers, so the wait is almost over!

 

As Fran has said previously, a number of sets have already sold-out at the pre-order stage and more will soon be added to the endangered list.

 

1920781455_04_08.2021-MDO-MDV-CoilA.jpg.b8b937e76ddb5d3af951d7a68ab66cf7.jpg

 

Any chance that a 'CIE' stowaway could be aboard? An Anglo-Irish affair of sorts? A certain Crossley department? If you know what I mean.

 

ScR

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, scots region said:

 

Any chance that a 'CIE' stowaway could be aboard? An Anglo-Irish affair of sorts? A certain Crossley department? If you know what I mean.

 

ScR

 

No stowaways to report. :D

 

The A Class journey will be revealed in due course. :) 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, aureol40012 said:

Does the cryptic Facebook post mean they have landed?! It’s seven weeks on Tuesday since you said they’d be here in 7 weeks……. ;-)


well, the first sentence of the Facebook post says they’re about 3 weeks away from landing in stock so not quite yet! Container edges ever closer!

 

Cheers!

 

Fran

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:


well, the first sentence of the Facebook post says they’re about 3 weeks away from landing in stock so not quite yet! Container edges ever closer!

 

Cheers!

 

Fran


Weird, I only saw the picture of two wagons, no text with it…..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 04/08/2021 at 20:35, Patrick said:

A quick update on our MDO, MDV and Coil A wagons: the ship carrying them has completed the first leg of its journey and is currently in Singapore to set down and pick up more cargo. The goods are on course to arrive at our warehouse early next month and we will then begin shipping to customers, so the wait is almost over!

 

As Fran has said previously, a number of sets have already sold-out at the pre-order stage and more will soon be added to the endangered list.

 

 

As a matter of interest Patrick, can you advise the name of the ship, or is it confidential at this point  ?

Starting to get excited, particularly for the Coil As. I have weathering products on standby !!!

 

Thanks 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Covkid said:

As a matter of interest Patrick, can you advise the name of the ship, or is it confidential at this point  ?

Starting to get excited, particularly for the Coil As. I have weathering products on standby !!!

 

Thanks 

 Name withheld to deter any would-be pirates. :laugh:

It has now passed through the Suez Canal and the crew are experiencing a balmy Mediterranean evening... :) 

  • Like 5
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Patrick said:

 Name withheld to deter any would-be pirates. :laugh:

It has now passed through the Suez Canal and the crew are experiencing a balmy Mediterranean evening... :) 

Great news Patrick

Thanks 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 31/08/2021 at 18:48, Patrick said:

 Name withheld to deter any would-be pirates. :laugh:

It has now passed through the Suez Canal and the crew are experiencing a balmy Mediterranean evening... :) 

 

We all know what happens when the obvious danger is passed, what could possibly go wrong now?...Lets hope that Mt Etna doesn't interject in Biblical style! (as much as I appreciate a good show of the raw power of nature)

 

Really looking forward to these landing!

  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 31/08/2021 at 18:48, Patrick said:

 Name withheld to deter any would-be pirates. :laugh:

It has now passed through the Suez Canal and the crew are experiencing a balmy Mediterranean evening... :) 

 

Any stops between there and Felixstowe?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

High wind speed and Felixstowe container port stops!

 

They told me that the world wasn't ready for container croquet, but my dreams were too strong.  

Edited by scots region
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, scots region said:

 

Any stops between there and Felixstowe?

But is the ship going to Felixstowe?  Other major container ports are available and one of them might be nearer to Accurascale's  'fulfillment centre' (otherwise known in proper English as a warehouse/distribution point).

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/07/2021 at 17:02, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

 

Great news! Our MDO, MDV and Coil A wagons are complete and have begun their trip west! They are due to land with us in approx 7 weeks time where they will then be checked, packed and posted to everyone who has pre-ordered them.

 

227462302_image(25).png.522b126cb9690f03f1678d017fa4e911.png

 

With five of the 10 different MDO/V packs we have offered already sold out here at Accurascale they have proven to be our most successful wagon to date on pre-order. Make sure you check out your local stockist, or order direct to avoid disappointment! https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/mdo-mdv-21-ton-mineral-wagons 

 

Cheers!

 

Fran 

Fran are the Coil  A  Wagons being delivered at the same time ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 31/08/2021 at 18:48, Patrick said:

 Name withheld to deter any would-be pirates. :laugh:

It has now passed through the Suez Canal and the crew are experiencing a balmy Mediterranean evening... :) 

I'm going to start the guessing game. It took the Ever Given 10 days to transit the Med and that was sailing at reduced speed and with 2 days sheltering off Sicily due to a storm. So I reckon that Accurascales MV Celtic Mystery must be well clear of the Med and approaching the north Spanish coast.

  • Like 2
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, Suzy Sulzer said:

Fran are the Coil  A  Wagons being delivered at the same time ? 

 

Yes, all the MDO, MDV and Coil A wagon packs and the respective 'exclusives' are coming in the same container.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, bob1234 said:

Have you tried these with kadees? If so do you have a recommendation for which ones to use for a layout with 3rd radius as the minimum curve size.

 

The wagons feature standard NEM sockets on sprung kinematics, so any standard bar, or kadee will pop right in, On 3rd radius, the shortest kadee should give you nice close coupling.

9.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I'm wondering, the current largest container ship , MV Ever Ace, is on it's maiden voyage, was at As Suways at the Red Sea end of Suez on the 27th August and is due at Felixstowe this Sunday 12 Sept. Could this be the vessel carrying the Accurascale goodies that will bankrupt me!!!

Edited by rembrow
Correction
  • Funny 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...