MDO & MDV 21 Ton Mineral Wagons, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, rembrow said:

Very good news. I've also just seen that TMC are showing their commissioned 24.5 ton MEO coal wagons as having arrived, so will be able to mix and match.

indeed I’m sure you could order a mixed weathered rake from them 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I'm surprised you could still afford the dripping ;) :jester:

The drippings ok it's the bread that might be a problem!!!  My favourite Oktoberfest beer has also come in stock early, plus I also have some of Accus Coil A wagons on order. So many delights but so little cash. No in fairness I'm lucky, my state pension funds my hobby, thanks to a good occupational index linked pension.

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

@Accurascale Fran the boss is baking millionaires shortbread for me to bring to GETS this weekend to celebrate …. But I see you aren’t listed as present!!  

Hi Phil.

NOOOOO!!! Sadly GETS came two weeks too early for our stand to travel from Dublin. However, Hornby Mag have very kindly allowed us to have a cabinet on their stand with our latest samples on display, including a new announcement! More details next week but @Islesywill be in attendance for us on Saturday so if he is partial to it please feed him for us!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, sulzer71 said:

Would anyone know whether either of these wagons would be found in the Speyside/GNOSR area during the 60's/70's?? I recall seeing a picture of at least one wagon labelled MDV but struggling to find it again

Tia

Cannot really comment on your area of interest except to say i was brought up in North Wales in the 1970s and my school from 1973 to 1978 overlooked the goods yard at Tywyn. There was a penny numbers flow of domestic coal to the yard, mostly in 16 tonners but I had seen the odd 21 tonner myself and there are published photos too. On that basis I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the odd 21 tonner on your patch with domestic coal, but I doubt it would be more than one at a time, and not every week either. 

Just now, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Phil.

NOOOOO!!! Sadly GETS came two weeks too early for our stand to travel from Dublin. However, Hornby Mag have very kindly allowed us to have a cabinet on their stand with our latest samples on display, including a new announcement! More details next week but @Islesywill be in attendance for us on Saturday so if he is partial to it please feed him for us!

Cheers!

Fran 

There you go Fran, doing what you do best - teasing !!!!

So just how long is a 3 car Swindon Cross country unit !!!!!! 

• Funny 2

Looks like every single MDO and MDV pack sold out in standard BR liveries with just the Planet Industrials/Grimethorpe Colliery and MC ones left!

I know one friend down here who is very disappointed he waited an hour after I sent the email to him.

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, 69843 said:

Looks like every single MDO and MDV pack sold out in standard BR liveries with just the Planet Industrials/Grimethorpe Colliery and MC ones left!

I know one friend down here who is very disappointed he waited an hour after I sent the email to him.

Hi @69843 

We are just syncing up the stock to the website and to do that we have to mark them sold out. They'll be back on sale once this process is complete.

Sorry about that!

Thanks,

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Phil.

Cheers!

Fran 

That'll do me nicely, for a start! Not that there'll be much chance to eat I suppose, once that announcement is made. I'll save some for the office though...

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 69843 said:

Now back on sale, with a limited amount of previously sold out packs freed up due to cancelled orders!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 69843 said:

Accurascale has taught me a new consideration in buying models. If you really want something from them, don't put it off.  We don't know if there will be rereleases in the future, so to avoid risk, you need to commit. 

Shortly to be the happy recipient of six Coil As and six 21 tonners which I ordered earlier this year. 

Is there also the Jennifer Kirk "JK" version of the 21T too ? You could use a little T Cut maybe ?

Edited by Covkid
Add
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Had email today saying dispatch of these and coil Es starts next week! 

Congratulations to the team on less than 12 months from announcements to delivery.

Will everyone who has ordered these have had an email? I haven't had one. :mellow:

• RMweb Gold

As Fran said dispatch will commence in the coming week and if you bought direct you should have had an update today from us about that. 

once dispatch to customers gets underway in order of paid order we will be sending tracking details as we send out each order. We can only handle about 500 orders a day at the moment so it will take all week at least to process preorders. 

• Informative/Useful 3

2 hours ago, Ruston said:

Will everyone who has ordered these have had an email? I haven't had one. :mellow:

Yes Dave. Had an email today confirming both 21 tonners and Coils were at Accurascale Towers and they were about to strip down the container. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1