Niu Models Kits

NiuModels

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

As received in RTR condition. All I've done is attach the handrails, and use a Bachmann dmu (?) coupling to the loco, thus moving the Hornby Ward coupler to the outer end of the tender.

I've also painted the shoebeams white,

thumbnail_WP_20230924_15_26_13#_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20230924_15_26_58#_Pro.jpg

thumbnail_WP_20230924_15_28_35_Pro.jpg

Do you have a link please?

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, stewartingram said:

ebay, CDC models, also known as Street Level Models (haven't seen it on the latter website). It was mentioned onRMWeb 2-3 weeks ago, I went straight to Ebay.

Guys, might I suggest you move this conversation to PM.  It’s rather bad form to promote another manufacturer’s products on a supplier’s own thread.

Darius

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

The LNER and MR Gun Sets Wagons appear to be very popular. Pre-orders for both are sold out for the first batch. We'll be working on a second batch shortly. If you'd like one of the kits, drop us an email to info@niumodels.co.uk

Since announcing the wagons a few weeks ago, we've had a few emails from GWR modellers asking about a Gun Sets Wagon for the Western Region. After a bit of research, and a trip to Didcot, we have CAD work for the GWR Pollen-E wagon near complete. Test print is due this weekend. We expect to have the wagon kit ready sale towards the end of October. If you are interested in the kit, drop us an email to info@niumodels.co.uk

Screenshot (35).png

i286541539354545337.jpg

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Any news on the LNER and LMS gun sets?

Cheers

Darius

I received the MR one about a month ago, still waiting for the LNER.

Any news on other items on the web site - possible replacement body kits for Hornby 08 to convert them into LNER early version and for the unsuccessful Armstrong-Whitworth experminetal 1-Co-1 which ran on the LNER to Alnmouth for a very short period, requiring a Class 66 motor bogie as its power unit?

I always like the unusual.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m wondering if someone can help me with regards to contacting Niu Models? 

I placed an order on 12th September 2023. 

I then sent an email with a query on 9th November. This wasn’t responded to, so another email was sent on 30th November. This also has not been responded to. 

If there are alternate ways of contact or if someone in frequent contact could give him a heads up, that would be great. 

Thank you in advance, 

Nelson. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I did get a response after a couple of emails when I was chasing some kits that I had ordered a month or two ago.

You could always try calling the phone number stated on the Website.

I note that Niu Models is only open Tuesday to Thursday - not sure if that affects communication.

Cheers

Darius

• Informative/Useful 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

LNER gun barrel transporter kit built over the last couple of days.

IMG_1504.jpeg.4e3180d9f0ac67b30c061dafb6cbba47.jpeg

IMG_1501.jpeg.258f6bbc6885efb388d6bfed9b6b0403.jpeg

Minor Niggles:-

Some of the chassis parts were slightly “banana-shaped”.  Hot and cold water immersion resolved that issue.

The decals need to be individually cut from the sheet as the carrier film covers the whole sheet.

The bogie axle boxes clash with the vertical legs of the brake levers, which may inhibit cornering.  Some fettling required

I shortened the drawbar between the well wagon and the flat wagon that supports the outer end of the gun barrel by about 10mm.  As provided it places the wagons too far apart compared to the prototype photo posted by Niu Models.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 20:44, Nelson Jackson said:

I’m wondering if someone can help me with regards to contacting Niu Models? 

I placed an order on 12th September 2023. 

I then sent an email with a query on 9th November. This wasn’t responded to, so another email was sent on 30th November. This also has not been responded to. 

If there are alternate ways of contact or if someone in frequent contact could give him a heads up, that would be great. 

Thank you in advance, 

Nelson. 

Hello, 

Just an update on this situation. I have attempted a few phone calls to no avail and now tried to reach out via Facebook messenger. 

I understand completely that things can be delayed, and I have no issue with that, as long as it is communicated. 

Again, if anyone is in regular communication, could they please direct them to this situation, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards, 

Nelson. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"... large number were transferred to the railway companies, and finally coming under British Rail ownership, They saw service on the Sothern and Midland regions ..." ..................  er, well, actually only TWO came into BR possession - in the 'oddball LMR wagons' number series : M360328 survives - after a fashion - on the Bluebell Railway ( http://www.ws.rhrp.org.uk/ws/WagonInfo.asp?Ref=8230 )

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/02/2024 at 23:17, Wickham Green too said:

"... large number were transferred to the railway companies, and finally coming under British Rail ownership, They saw service on the Sothern and Midland regions ..." ..................  er, well, actually only TWO came into BR possession - in the 'oddball LMR wagons' number series : M360328 survives - after a fashion - on the Bluebell Railway ( http://www.ws.rhrp.org.uk/ws/WagonInfo.asp?Ref=8230 )

Yes, via - of all the possible routes! - the WD control of the Shropshire and Montgomeryshire Railway. Dad has just completed a scratchbuilt conversion of just this variant, so you’re all very welcome.

Adam

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2024 at 13:30, Nelson Jackson said:

Hello, 

Just an update on this situation. I have attempted a few phone calls to no avail and now tried to reach out via Facebook messenger. 

I understand completely that things can be delayed, and I have no issue with that, as long as it is communicated. 

Again, if anyone is in regular communication, could they please direct them to this situation, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards, 

Nelson. 

Hello, 

To bring this situation to a close, I received my order last week and am very happy with the models. 

Communication was obtained via Facebook Messenger. 

Kind regards, 

Nelson. 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2