Railway Model Store

Pmorgancym

I thought I'd summarise orevious threads (especially as they are now purging negative comments from their facebook page)

AVOID at all costs

Once you pay

No communication

No items

A refund only once you start court proceedings (communication so bad we paid the court fees, they processes the same day so we lost the court fees)

As far as I have researched not listed as a recognised stockist by any major manufacturer.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

• 1 month later...

I have had the misfortune to deal with them over the last couple of weeks, and this morning have been issued with a full refund by Paypal.  I am posting because not many 0 Gauge modellers seem to know about them so I have put all the information on the GOG forum to warn people not to use them.

The fact that I sent my complaint to Paypal at 5.15 last night and this morning it has been fully resolved in my favour says to me that it didn't need much investigating!

Peter

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 year later...

I had never heard of this store until a few bargains showed up in a sale.   I have recently dealt with the site on several occasions and the service and shipping were impeccable.   The goods were shipped immediately and arrived downunder within days of purchase.   If I have an issue it is the stream of emails following purchase offering discount codes on top of the existing sale items plus emails requesting me to review the items purchased ()something that I never do).  A few extra emails in my inbox is not a big deal but what it does do is entice me to check their latest sale items.

If I add an item to my cart to estimate a shipping cost and do not delete the item from the cart then an email is received requesting me to complete my purchase.  Overall I am very impressed with both the service and the quality of items received.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I ordered a CCT from RMS, well packaged and a good price (well below RRP), my only criticism was the postage cost at £6.45 -- the item price itself was low enough for me to swallow paying out the high P&P rate, but only just--and despite being RM 48hr delivery it took 5 days to arrive (but probably more due to current RM issues)...

cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

I recently made several purchases from the "store" and while the product and service were extremely good,  two points have turned me off future sales.  Firstly, after the initial purchase I have been inundated with emails about store discount codes and new items instock.  Secondly, being in Australia,  the site automatically converts the price to Australian dollars.  The actual price in GBP is not shown and the exchange rate the site uses is highly, highly exaggerated making the item seemingly a good price.  Only after the sale is made do you actually see the price you are charged in British pounds.  The last item I purchased was a Hornby coach at what seemed a very good price.  However, after the sale was made and due the "actual" exchange rate,   I was charged the normal retail.  I would not have purchased the item if I had of known the actual price in GBP.