French railway books on DVD

rue_d_etropal

was searching for something on google.fr, and found that CABRI had issued a DVD with some , I presume out of print, books on it.

https://www.laboutiqueducabri.fr/en/bibliotheque-numerique-ch-de-fer-de-lherault-ind-chaix-est-maijuin-1951-mata-burros-trains-oublies-est-al-trains-du-montdore-xml-2343-8401.html

I wonder if they are planning to produce any more. It does say number 1.

Very tempted

• Thanks 1

Hi Simon 

Given how many really valuable French books go out of print so quickly this can only be  a good thing. It's a bit of a lucky dip though. For example, reissuing all the Trains Oubliee and Petit Trains de Jadis together would be really good. I hope they're not doing it so you have to buy a load of books you don't want just to get those you do. 

• RMweb Premium

But look at the prices for a copy of either of those series - €75 - 100 per copy.  Less than the DVD with all the "free" goodies of the books you might not have bought.  Maybe not the ideal but better than any current alternative.

the book I was interested in was the one about the railways of Herault. Not sure actually how useful it would be, as there is quite a bit already online, and my main interest would be drawings of locos and coaches as only ones online only show side views.

Odd thing is there is no mention of this DVD book collection in their latest catalogue which I only received a couple of weeks ago with the copy of book on CF de La Mure(another book difficult to get and think it is a second print run) .

From a publisher's point of view I wonderif they have considered  how many people would buy a copy then copy it for others. Always a problem with digital.