Shelton micro steel

Hi all well with the temperatures slowly starting to plummet it’s getting rather frost bitten in the shed so maybe time to have ago at something I’ve never done before, modelling heavy industry. Now I know I am not going to get a steel works in less that 4ft but if I can capture the essence of it or rather a wagon repair facility in the complex then I will be a happy chap . So I will be using the sms micro in a box boards and a peco loco lift to use as a cassette. But no idea on buildings etc so lots of research will be done and wagons bodged , I have taken great inspiration from Ruston and his many great layouts and his wagon conversions,  as that’s my main interest . So until Christmas shutdown this thread will mostly be wagon bodging and track plan doodles . 
and I hope that it’s maybe of interest to some . I’ve started to bodge a sort of plate / general use wagon .

447AC130-D868-4BEB-A305-7201AEE56AEA.jpeg

Edited by A1X
  • Like 5

On 08/11/2020 at 18:06, Mark Saunders said:

Looks more like a wagon suitable for loading with ingot moulds to have molten steel added for ingots or moving large castings as Forgemasters did!

The 'Panzers'? 

Have you seen Paul Bartlett's 'Scunthorpe' pages:- https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/scunthorpebsccorus

Edited by Fat Controller
Added content