Lionheart O Gauge BR 3MT 2-6-2 Tank Engine

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys, reading the latest copy of the Gazette last night. I noticed the Lionheart trains advert which states that they are beginning the R&D stage of a new loco, the BR 3MT Tank engine. Nothing on their website as yet. So no further details.

I would imagine this would be a popular engine.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Dreadnought05 said:

Surprised no-one has mentioned this yet, but Richard posted some CADs of the standard 3 on Facebook

I had no idea your traditional 7mm elite modeller did Facebook? :)

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Beclawat said:

Has a price actually been quoted yet? I would have thought it was a bit early in the process for that?

It was in another thread on the topic of a LH 3MT from 2017 (so not that early methinks) that Antics were quoted as having a 999.00 price for these.  The model was originally envisioned in brass I think.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/121819-br-standard-class-3mt-2-6-2t-82xxx-series/

Like the 45XX, if Lionheart uses diecast instead of brass the price will probably come down.  I can just about manage an MSRP 512.00. 

John

Edited by brossard

• RMweb Premium

I spoke to Richard, or at least overheard a conversation, when he was toying with a re run of the GWR brass prairie (largely in response to Masterpiece abandoning theirs: In the event Masterpiece got a new owner and went ahead and Lionheart didnt). He said back then that that future models (and the std 3 was mentioned) needed to be under the £1,000 barrier and they were investigating ways such as using die cast chassis etc to achieve that.

Some years on, post merger with Dapol, it's a completely new set of circumstances, the prairie is a completely different model in the end and no doubt the standard 3 will be different to that discussed back then.

So the £999 isnt just speculation but probably is irrelevant now.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, brossard said:

Antics were quoted as having a 999.00 price for these.  

5 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

So the £999 isnt just speculation but probably is irrelevant now.

I wonder if the £999 price was put on their website as they had no idea what the price would be - otherwise they could have shown £000. and everyone would have thought they were free !!  Of course a properly configured sales site should have the ability to show "Price to be advised" or similar.

14 minutes ago, Marshall5 said:

My recollection is that the 999 was the expected RRP for the original handbuilt brass version.

Ray,

Very close to the price point of Finescale Brass RTR loco models sold by Tower.

John

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...