RAILEX 2021 Cancelled

David Bigcheeseplant

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Paul A Biro said:

May may be a little soon.

(The irony is, of course, that we older folk will get the vaccine first....)

On current showing, for every 100 at the event 10 could still be at risk, even if everyone had been vaccinated and if a large proportion are in the more vulnerable age-groups then quite a few of those ten could be at risk of serious illness.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2020 at 23:42, Paul A Biro said:

May may be a little soon.

(The irony is, of course, that we older folk will get the vaccine first....)

That's assuming everybody is going to get vaccinated or perhaps more correctly, chooses to be. Also assuming of course vaccination isn't compulsory - which I doubt.

From a personal standpoint - as of Nov/Dec 2020 - I wouldn't go within spitting distance of an exhibition until things change very significantly. I certainly wouldn't  exhibit or man a trade stand. 

I sincerely hope things do improve but weren't we saying that back in April... yet here we are.

Apologies for the negativity but I believe we wont see any exhibitions in 2021.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Railex is a shining beacon among exhibitions, but the age-profile of the patrons is terrifyingly high. The trustees' decision for 2021 is utterly correct. Politicians and others are very optimistic about vaccine progress, but we still await the actual rollout. Cutting a swathe through the UK's most experienced hobbyists would be a ghastly mistake. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 5