BALVENIE

Hugh Flynn

Hi

Well first i have to say sorry for not taking photo,s of layout with steam loco,s on,this layout was build for Derby show it took 6 weeks from start to its first show

It all started with the wife giving me ear ache "you always build diesel layouts why not a steam layout" so with that i changed direction and went out and bought

a few steam engine and also my friend Chris purchased a couple then a few coaches and selection of wagons but i did sneak a Heljan 26 in green for transition period.

I promise to do photo,s of steam period?

So on sat it was steam, on sunday layout was handed to both Richards who put early 70,s period diesels Wow the layout just changed and brought a smile to my face?

Layout is dcc with most loco,s sound fitted.

I still have a few jobs to do on layout such as name boards on station,signals and a bit more rough grass but this will get sorted in the next couple of months.

hope you like progress so far

Hugh

post-7432-127514844293_thumb.png

post-7432-127514860724_thumb.png

post-7432-127514869366_thumb.png

post-7432-127514882136_thumb.png

post-7432-127514892388_thumb.png

post-7432-127514902731_thumb.png

post-7432-127514912715_thumb.png

post-7432-127514923973_thumb.png

• Like 9

Curse you Hugh for creating a fabulous little layout in a short space of time :D . Seriously, that 24 and typical brewery buildings look amazing. I take it the buildings are scratch built?

Hi :)

Superb layout Hugh- really catches the atmosphere of the scottish landscape- not too much clutter! but enough to hold your interest!

Look forward to more pics of Balvenie ;)

Bill.

hi

Thanks again for comments

The distillery main building suited me from Bachmann and the others around it were all scratch built.

One thing i am not happy with is signal box so i might change this as it was knocked together from a old broken Hornby skaledale one.

So if any of you have any photo,s of small stone or timber box i would be greatful.

many thanks

Hugh

Hi Hugh,

First time I have seen your layout on here and I think it is cracking. The overall plan fits the space really well and doesn't look cluttered and the buildings all seem to fit in really well. I actually quite like your signal box as it is but I will look forward to seeing it develop further with any more tweaks and details that you decide to add in. Keep sharing your pictures as it is well worth seeing.

Thanks,

Mark

Neat layout Hugh and this does capture the flavour of the old Highland section. Well done!

I have just plonked this one on my thread (so forgive the repeat)....................

post-7769-127525508281.jpg

I also thought the conversion in the month's Railway Modeller to create Glenfinnin's box was rather good.

• Like 1

Fantastic, it kept me glued on Saturday afternoon at Derby but I just wish I had been there on the Sunday to see AND HEAR the Blues. the track plan is so simple that it works perfectly and is a dream to watch. When is your next show in the midlands ? and can you run steam into transission into blue next time cause I can only come on one day and I want to see it all. Andy.  

hi

booked in for Nottingham next year.

DEMU has also made a interest

Will share steam/diesel running at shows unless they ask for specific period?

Even managed to get a bottle of Loch Castle whiskey from distillery???

Brain already ticking for next layout for Derby show,but only after i sort a few things out on layout?

Hugh

hi

nice signal box Peter has done is it a kit or scratchbuilt?

Hugh

Scartchbuilt in plasticard throughout; although Lochgorm Models do do etches for the windows if you wish to use these (which the maker - it is not me - did not in this case).

I think that Nottingham in March 2010 may have a very scottish taste, so those of you like your layouts from north of the border may wish to diarise it.........................

Hugh, can I enquire as to the source of the backscene?

• Like 1

hi

the back scene used is a id backscene that i purchased off a RM Web member and made it fit location,it was the 15" tall one that was cut down

to approx 12" lost most of the tree line at bottom of sheet .

also included a few more photo,s

Hugh

post-7432-127541155464_thumb.png

post-7432-127541165625.png

post-7432-127541183258_thumb.png

post-7432-127541193762_thumb.png

• Like 4