BALVENIE

Hugh Flynn

Very, very nice and full of atmosphere, makes me quite ashamed of the time I am taking (although I seem to be happy in my little world) with mine.

Please keep those photos coming.

regards

Stewart

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Enjoyed looking at this very nice and compact, well planned (as if a layout by you wouldnt be ! ;) ) It ought to put to bed any ideas that RTP buildings and atmosphere are mutually exclusive!

Like others I personally prefer the blue/transition period, but the steam is interesting too, and you can 'get away with it' in such locations

hi

thanks for comments ,going to spend a couple of hours on layout signal to finish

and after talking to my friend Ian Futers i need a signal box and top of distillary as shown.

Hope you can see where the basics for my one come from?

Hugh

post-7432-127884525758.png

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have been struggling with the concept of only having 10ft x 2ft to play with . I can get a curve at the end of the board to run on to a  seperate fiddle yard making an L shape at the end. Your track plan has given me a lot of inspiration to carry on and get something sorted. I had a previous layout in 2mm which enabled me to have a continuous run round and plenty of room for scenics. The adjustment to 00 gauge has thrown my sense of perspective . Need to really stick at it now and get the track laid. Hope you don't mind a bit of idea theft as your set up seems so good.

Thank you again for the inspiration.  Michael 

Edited by mickw

• 4 months later...

Hi Hugh, sorry but I just had to tick all those images, I do remember photographing it a lot at the Derby Show I think, anyway yes a really good layout that looks a lot bigger that the sizes you have quoted above.

Cheers Andy (alias Bodgit)

• Like 1

When the web page for your layout finally loaded, I saw the first load of photos and thought, "I'm sure I've seen this layout somewhere?"

I then immediately went and looked and found my copy of the 2012 Railway Modeller Annual and are now reading the article & photos found within said publication!

Hi

Thanks again for interest in layout , It has been sitting in the back of the workshop and not run for over a year (due to other layout work)

I did enjoy building it but want to move on to other projects so might sell it one day.

Hugh

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Hugh, Just been reading through as a refresher, I have another OO small Layout that needs attending to, and I've been looking at this for inspiration, it's not a million miles different from my Glen Roy. but I will only have 5ft x 1ft for Scenics.

Will it be Exhibited again once Covid is over?

Maybe I should do this in O Gauge, haha.

All the best, Andy.