Llamberg Railway

Andymsa

2 hours ago, RobinofLoxley said:

Little bit surprised about the turntable, I havnt seen any steam stock on your layout photos that would actually need turning.

yes there are some steam locos but mostly are packed away at the moment. I recently got the new class 86 dB steam loco with sound and it runs lovely.

i have found that the actual motor of the turntable is at fault, I tried a direct feed into it with the same result.

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, RobinofLoxley said:

Little bit surprised about the turntable, I havnt seen any steam stock on your layout photos that would actually need turning.

I forgot to mention I have the sommerfeldt catenary web that goes over a turntable which is another reason to install the turntable as it’s quite impressive.

• Like 2

I think I have a solution to the turntable problem, I have completely removed all the drive mechanics from the turntable and looking into replacement mechanics now. Once this has been finalised I will update. Unfortunately I can’t do any track laying in the loco depot until the turntable is sorted. So am moving onto another part of the layout so progress can be kept up.

The turntable appears to be coming on well. Meanwhile a new shuttle section has been added, unfortunately I forgot to take photos. I have also now uploaded one video to you tube as a test, not sure if I will continue with you tube as it seems a bit of a faf.  I’ll see how things go look for, Llamberg railway.

Edited by Andymsa

9 hours ago, Andymsa said:

The turntable appears to be coming on well. Meanwhile a new shuttle section has been added, unfortunately I forgot to take photos. I have also now uploaded one video to you tube as a test, not sure if I will continue with you tube as it seems a bit of a faf.  I’ll see how things go look for, Llamberg railway.

The video looked OK Andy, wait to see how many views you get. You might become a star of Youtube :dancer:

41 minutes ago, WIMorrison said:

Andy, no probs with the video - but the catenaries were down on the locos :)

Yes that’s due to at that time not all the catenary was completed on that section when I did the video. Until all the layout is completed catenary wise for safety I run with it down. But what is done does work mechanically 

• Andymsa changed the title to Llamberg Railway

I have now got my turntable back and I’m more than pleased how this has turned out. It’s now a fully indexed turntable. The next stage is to install it which will require further modifications so it can removed by dropping it down as opposed to lifting it.

Edited by Andymsa
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Track laying is now completed on one side of the turntable. The turntable was temporarily wired for testing and worked very well. Integration into traincontroller is under development and I may well produce how I achieved this for any one who might be interested, so I’ll see first  how much interest is shown . The method would apply for any of the Adm turntables. For those who are interested in current detection, there are around 30 separate detectors installed at present.

Edited by Andymsa
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

After a bit of an absence from my layout up dates I thought I would do an update.

major works are now fairly advanced to accommodate not having any duck unders for normal operations, it’s taken a year now from when I first started. It was something I had been thinking about for some time but finally took the plunge after watching a video on a similar subject of not getting younger and knees by Charlie Bishop. It’s been a case of two steps forward and one back, what seems a good idea does not work in practice. The track runs have been simplified to an extent, one from the new walkways and the other from operations I want to do. I have taken photos of the works as they have progressed but won’t upload them as I found members seemed to like a finished product and not photos of lots of wood construction, requests can be made of course. I have now ended up with a peninsula on a part of the layout which will be soon the focus of my attentions, but I have to clear the existing constructions before the new designs are worked out. I was going to start wiring up things again so I can run trains again but have now decided to finish a wood construction now as it creates to much dust. Once this phase is completed a heavy clean of the layout will take place and the replacement bus service will be withdrawn.

Edited by Andymsa
Missing word
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The lower track sections have now been re-installed on the peninsula. Originally  the main 8 road storage was for trains travelling in one direction, but 5 roads were reversed in there direction of travel. The small sidings on the right was an afterthought that accommodates small railcars. Further along there is now a return loop at the other end of the storage tracks, an additional connection was made from the original storage on the left at the far end also. 

Edited by Andymsa
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...