• RMweb Gold
On 10/11/2020 at 09:44, Andymsa said:

These photos show the various stages of L girder construction in the new extension, the photo makes it look narrower than it is 

D3A6D699-8E13-4493-B26D-4098AEFFC71F.jpeg

86C652D6-2031-4436-85C9-2032CF811228.jpeg

3090C4E0-FC5E-4656-9AC5-61360D5E1136.jpeg

2A1F8C7D-1C0B-43DC-A5C7-92005519D73F.jpeg

B0149A69-67EE-451F-964D-1C2EDFB8BB6A.jpeg

There is a tantalising tease of a track plan in photo 2.  I wonder if we might be allowed to see it in full?

Best

Scott

• Agree 1
13 minutes ago, scottystitch said:

There is a tantalising tease of a track plan in photo 2.  I wonder if we might be allowed to see it in full?

Best

Scott

I don’t actually have a track plan. What you can see is a white board with a design concept giving a rough outline, I use this to determine how train running would work or not. The one in the photo was a very early drawing and has changed quite a bit from then. I also use this drawing to determine left and right rail around the layout.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, scottystitch said:

I understand.  Even more reason to enthusiastically await updates!

Best

Scott.

I will take a photo of the white board in its current state, although Im not sure what sense your make of it.

• Thanks 1
On 26/11/2020 at 10:00, Andymsa said:

The commuter station takes shape, sorry it’s upside down can’t seem to correct it

E2AE4889-5FFD-45A0-8C93-BBCF591DE34D.jpeg

I had the same issue last night.  I think my phone 'remembers' which way up it was pointing when used in landscape mode.

The image looks fine in the phone's 'Gallery' but comes into Rmweb upside down. 

I found a fix was to open the file in your camera's editing/effects software, make a minor change (like crop it by a minuscule amount), then save it. The new file is stored the right way up. 

• Informative/Useful 1
3 hours ago, 9C85 said:

I had the same issue last night.  I think my phone 'remembers' which way up it was pointing when used in landscape mode.

The image looks fine in the phone's 'Gallery' but comes into Rmweb upside down. 

I found a fix was to open the file in your camera's editing/effects software, make a minor change (like crop it by a minuscule amount), then save it. The new file is stored the right way up. 

Thanks that certainly works

• Like 1

These photos are of the roco track Points and shows the preparation of them. If you look there are two small bonding wires and a bond wire soldered to the underside of the blades. The wires are not directly soldered to the blade but I put a .7 mm copper wire soldered to the blade and the wire thus soldered to it. These bonds are just looped back up to the side of the point, it does not really matter how pretty they look as they are being installed in the storage sidings currently being built.

peco points are prepared the same way but on the underside of the blade there is a channel which I spread slightly and the copper wire is inserted into the channel.

i also use tillig points and are prepared differently as these are for the viewing area of the layout.

F0A98B46-9EA6-4917-B74D-16F27D43AC85.jpeg

E2F009AE-EDB1-4830-B69B-DF92321E8CA5.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Update from photos posted yesterday at0033.

running tests completed after wiring and one mistake made, for some reason I wired up one point section with reversed polarity. Simple correction with two wires swapped, but that’s what you get when wiring when tired, but that’s what testing is for to find these errors. Track laying has now started for the 12 road storage siding all points for it now down but not wired as yet or any point motors fitted. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Andy, I am going to teal you idea and solder wires to the moving blades on the new layout I am building - I don't have as much space in H0e to do it but I am 100% certain that I will be able to do it - we will see tomorrow afternoon :)

• Agree 1

More track laid, I managed to squeeze in another point which is the one closest, but this resulted in a slight dog leg on each siding over. The reason I added the point was there was quite a gap between the far left siding and the next siding so decided to add the point. It takes a bit longer as the track is being reused and needs to be tidied up removing old wire feeds and previously soldered rail joiners.

2799338A-A373-4BBC-9B3F-DE008A38D989.jpeg

Edited by Andymsa
  • Like 2

This is a roco double slip point, it was certainly a challenge to put the bonding on to it but I’m fairly pleased with the final effect. But does it work electrically that’s to been seen. I did have issues with the levels as you can see I had to put quite a bit of packing in, the issue is where I added a past bit of base board and there where slight differences in the plywood and Sundela thickness, which was cause the blades to bind. The copper bridges at each end were cut and will eventually form part of the frog wiring.

6AC8D659-8BCF-46C9-9EBE-1A23F7CD62B8.jpeg

123F096C-90D5-4EF1-9B49-DCBBF81290A8.jpeg

32B220AB-8661-43BB-8695-8D4071700D21.jpeg

Edited by Andymsa
  • Like 3

Have now installed the tortoises, still to be wired. Track has been connected to the right hand side of the double slip, again issues with having to pack it because of the base board but test running with a coach showed no issues. And the old wiring has been stripped out completely ready for wiring up the new track. These are two groups of 16 feeds that go to two Digitrax bdl168s, each 16 outputs have a different coloured wire and the commons are group in 4s for each zone. Because I got detailed records and the colour coding this will be a simple task.the legs with the holes in is for shelving which is removed temporarily for access and does not support the layout. All point blades have had there bonding installed also.

6212103E-B8D5-46B2-B966-75DD31673C69.jpeg

9A172B9B-17E1-4010-BFD6-AC9D1ACE8F60.jpeg

1AD14C05-5641-4B6C-95EF-C17F767E36CF.jpeg

Edited by Andymsa
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1