australian narrow gauge books

kevo

can any one help  . i am trying to find a copy of the book  . THE  NARROW GAUGE  WHITFIELD GEMBROOK CROWES WALHALLA  BY NICK ACHERN  can any one tell me if they know of a possible uk  book seller i can try  i have tried  . e bay  etc but no luck  australian narrow gauge books seem to be hard to track down thanks kevin 

10230969755.jpg

8 hours ago, peach james said:

Why not order from Australia ?

Apparently it only works one way.

I have ordered things from the UK for about 35 years with no issues. I would expect "add to cart" works exactly the same with shops this side of the globe.

I have the book, it is lovely. Purchased it after camping for a week and riding on the Walhalla Railway.

Regards,

Craig

My 1st thought  was to try here . but i can now see  thats my best  bet  to try and order from Australia . have ing been keen on narrow gauge for many years its only recently  i have discovered austrailian  i find it a good  mix and has a charm of its own  from a mix of bits of usa and uk  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, kevo said:

My 1st thought  was to try here . but i can now see  thats my best  bet  to try and order from Australia . have ing been keen on narrow gauge for many years its only recently  i have discovered austrailian  i find it a good  mix and has a charm of its own  from a mix of bits of usa and uk  

Kev,

If you locate the book here and they won't ship to the UK PM me. We can exchange details and I will buy and ship for you.

Regards,

Craig

HI  Craig  thanks  thats really kind of you . i have E mailed  a shop in  Cheltenham  Victoria  called Brunel Hobbies  this eve . as i see they have a  copy for $73 which works out roughly £38 pounds uk . i f they get back to me i will have to see what they charge shipping  as you can understand i doint want to end up paying a load as much as ide like the book . some time ago i brought a on30   loco kit from the USA  it was farely cheap but i got stung on inport tax here in the uk for nearly  as much as the kit  so ime a bit warey .  i will  keep you post ed  on what happens  all the best kevin 

1 hour ago, kevo said:

HI  Craig  thanks  thats really kind of you . i have E mailed  a shop in  Cheltenham  Victoria  called Brunel Hobbies  this eve . as i see they have a  copy for $73 which works out roughly £38 pounds uk . i f they get back to me i will have to see what they charge shipping  as you can understand i doint want to end up paying a load as much as ide like the book . some time ago i brought a on30   loco kit from the USA  it was farely cheap but i got stung on inport tax here in the uk for nearly  as much as the kit  so ime a bit warey .  i will  keep you post ed  on what happens  all the best kevin 

Airmail - especially for books has gone through the roof in the last few years. I purchased a copy of LNWR wagons recently and the post was 27GBP. The VAT on your side is a bit of a whack extra though. That being said, paypal is very generously collecting GST on all imports for our Government - even on things that are GST exempt!

Regards,

Craig

• Agree 1