The end of Manchester United ?

adb968008

Doomed from the start I'm afraid. A case of using the name of a famous football club and thinking the money will pour in from fans. ISTR they even used to advertise in the MUFC programme rather than try to attract railway enthusiasts. That wouldn't have been cheap.

Spirit of Sandringham looked good from what I saw at Llangollen. Real professional job. Whereas the other version seemed to be bits of metal stuck together.

But I'm afraid I don't like the "Spirit Of" bit. Just call it Sandringham. 

Jason

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Reported in the latest issue of 'Steam Railway' which arrived today. Seems that the decision was made back in September with a vote by the 58 members of the 61662 group. 79% voted for the donation to B17 Trust, 19% to sell the tender for scrap, and 2% (must have been one person) voted to try and carry on. 61673 has been moved from Llangollen to CTL Seal of Sheffield.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Mike Bellamy said:

Reported in the latest issue of 'Steam Railway' which arrived today. Seems that the decision was made back in September with a vote by the 58 members of the 61662 group. 79% voted for the donation to B17 Trust, 19% to sell the tender for scrap, and 2% (must have been one person) voted to try and carry on. 61673 has been moved from Llangollen to CTL Seal of Sheffield.

They were never going to get far is nearly a fifth of the membership were happy to scrap the one original bit!

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how many rail enthusiasts were put off by the name and would support "Sandringham" in stead.

I'm not a football fan (into Rugby though) and know many near me who would want a different name!

• Like 1