Locomotion Models announce 'Hardwicke' Improved Precedent Class

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, David Bell said:

What with this and the CR 828 I feel a model of Carlisle coming on!

For Carlisle, c. 1914 say, you'll need at least one of:

Claughton

Prince of Wales

George the Fifth

Precursor

Experiment

Jumbo

McIntosh 4-6-0

Dunalastair I/II/III/IV

Compound

Belpaire

H-boiler 4-4-0

1400 Class 2-4-0 for piloting

381 Class 4-6-0

Any Manson 4-4-0

Reid Atlantic

Scott or other Reid 4-4-0

Whatever was coming over from Newcastle - M1 or maybe F?

M&C 0-4-2 or 2-4-0

and that's just the passenger side.

Those fellows building Carlisle in France - what's their period? 1950s? They've got it easy.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

22 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

For Carlisle, c. 1914 say, you'll need at least one of:

Claughton

Prince of Wales

George the Fifth

Precursor

Experiment

Jumbo

McIntosh 4-6-0

Dunalastair I/II/III/IV

Compound

Belpaire

H-boiler 4-4-0

1400 Class 2-4-0 for piloting

381 Class 4-6-0

Any Manson 4-4-0

Reid Atlantic

Scott or other Reid 4-4-0

Whatever was coming over from Newcastle - M1 or maybe F?

M&C 0-4-2 or 2-4-0

and that's just the passenger side.

Those fellows building Carlisle in France - what's their period? 1950s? They've got it easy.

Work to do then!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Seriously though, what a great list. Why would you not?

Because I'd rather go for 1902 when the Smith-Johnson Compounds were the most powerful beasts in town!

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, David Bell said:

Work to do then!

Keyboard or soldering iron?

For those seeking a period LNWR bogie carriage, without having to paint/line it, there is a 57' D133 PC kit with the pre-printed sides on Ebay.  This is one of the later kits with etched bogie,s etc.The seller must be aware of the rush of enthusiasm on here as the starting price is £65.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274575239406?ul_noapp=true

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I’ve finally managed to get round to watching the announcement video from Locomotion Models. It’s nicely done with lots of information. 

My favourite part was the segment featuring Ant Coulls from the museum talking about the history of the class and the infamous ‘Races to the North’ in the late 1800s:

The models look absolutely exquisite. It makes you want to recreate the WCML in the 1890s or the Shildon cavalcade nearly 90 years later!

Edited by MrTea
Change embedded clip to start at 03:57

• RMweb Gold
On 13/11/2020 at 01:51, AY Mod said:

Only ten years left to tick all these off for the 50th anniversary of the Rocket 150 cavalcade. ;)

Novelty
Sans Pareil
Lion
Midland Spinner
Lanky saddletank
WD 2-10-0

Andy, piease use your influence, I am 74:(, a Spinner ...........Soon!!:D:(:good:.

Mike

• Agree 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ikks said:

Andy, piease use your influence,

Sorry Mike, I have no 'influence' anywhere. I do dislike the contemporary 'influencer' phrase. All I do is keep my ear to the ground but then I couldn't possibly divulge anything learnt, as the phrase goes "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you" wouldn't exactly help you get one in the long run. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ikks said:

Andy, piease use your influence, I am 74:(, a Spinner ...........Soon!!:D:(:good:.

Mike

Have faith. The "iconics" (GNR No1, Hardwick) have appeared, the Spinner  belongs with them, Rapido have mastered a single, John from Rails in a recent interview with Jenny Kirk said they have lots in the pipeline including something he hopes to announce soon in the new year; so with absolutely no knowledge or proof whatsoever I am sure we will see one sooner rather than later.

Edited by daltonparva
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Sorry Mike, I have no 'influence' anywhere. I do dislike the contemporary 'influencer' phrase. All I do is keep my ear to the ground but then I couldn't possibly divulge anything learnt, as the phrase goes "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you" wouldn't exactly help you get one in the long run. :)

Apologies Andy, no inference intended, just trying to have a bit of fun.

Rgds......Mike

Edited by ikks
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Yes Jenny Kirk has a review on YouTube of the LNWR black and LMS Crimson ones . They look stunning . Got a crimson one on order . Looking forward to it . 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 2

I was at Rainhill in 1980 as a 20 yo - quite spectacular, but didn't appreciate just how special that cavalcade actually was.

I've seen Hardwicke elsewhere as well (was she based at Carnforth for a while?) - quite an interesting history she has.

This model does look really quite special - but there again, how often are we saying this nowadays? !!

Very nice ... once the W1's and P2's are out of the way I may recover enough to consider, but there again, there is a family to look after .... decisions, decisions !!

Al.

Edited by atom3624
  • Like 1

I’ve finally succumbed, just looks too good! I could do with a few more blue/grey MK1s to make up a nice 70s railtour. I’ve got 4472 and 1000 which I believe it did a few railtours double-heading with. They’d look good together. I think the first job though when it arrives is to paint that white cab roof black!

Edited by PeterH
  • Like 2

As a lifelong LNWR enthusiast I made sure I had a ride behind Hardwick when it ran the shuttle between Carnforth and Grange over Sands, absolutely glorious. 
I have one on order from Locomotion and am waiting for delivery, but the key issue for me is to see if I can put P4 wheels into the loco. If I can’t then it will be a showcase model.

David

• Like 1

• 1 month later...