Jump to content

Locomotion Models announce 'Hardwicke' Improved Precedent Class


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, David Bell said:

What with this and the CR 828 I feel a model of Carlisle coming on!

 

For Carlisle, c. 1914 say, you'll need at least one of:

Claughton

Prince of Wales

George the Fifth

Precursor

Experiment

Jumbo

McIntosh 4-6-0

Dunalastair I/II/III/IV

Compound

999

Belpaire

H-boiler 4-4-0

1400 Class 2-4-0 for piloting

381 Class 4-6-0

Any Manson 4-4-0

Reid Atlantic

Scott or other Reid 4-4-0

Whatever was coming over from Newcastle - M1 or maybe F?

M&C 0-4-2 or 2-4-0

and that's just the passenger side.

 

Those fellows building Carlisle in France - what's their period? 1950s? They've got it easy.

 

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

 

For Carlisle, c. 1914 say, you'll need at least one of:

Claughton

Prince of Wales

George the Fifth

Precursor

Experiment

Jumbo

McIntosh 4-6-0

Dunalastair I/II/III/IV

Compound

999

Belpaire

H-boiler 4-4-0

1400 Class 2-4-0 for piloting

381 Class 4-6-0

Any Manson 4-4-0

Reid Atlantic

Scott or other Reid 4-4-0

Whatever was coming over from Newcastle - M1 or maybe F?

M&C 0-4-2 or 2-4-0

and that's just the passenger side.

 

Those fellows building Carlisle in France - what's their period? 1950s? They've got it easy.

 

Work to do then!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Seriously though, what a great list. Why would you not?

Because I'd rather go for 1902 when the Smith-Johnson Compounds were the most powerful beasts in town!

Edited by Compound2632
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, David Bell said:

Work to do then!

Keyboard or soldering iron?

 

For those seeking a period LNWR bogie carriage, without having to paint/line it, there is a 57' D133 PC kit with the pre-printed sides on Ebay.  This is one of the later kits with etched bogie,s etc.The seller must be aware of the rush of enthusiasm on here as the starting price is £65.

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274575239406?ul_noapp=true

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Occurred to me what else Locomotion could do re Hardwicke in its active preserved days is commission a short run of MR 1000s with Hardwicke as a twin pack although quite what the asking  price would be is another matter.

Edited by Butler Henderson
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

A further tranche of PC Models pre-printed LNWR coaches on Ebay, built ones this time. Has the announcement of the Locomotion LNWR Improved Precedent woken up those traders/modellers with stock on their hands?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve finally managed to get round to watching the announcement video from Locomotion Models. It’s nicely done with lots of information. 
 

My favourite part was the segment featuring Ant Coulls from the museum talking about the history of the class and the infamous ‘Races to the North’ in the late 1800s:


The models look absolutely exquisite. It makes you want to recreate the WCML in the 1890s or the Shildon cavalcade nearly 90 years later!

Edited by MrTea
Change embedded clip to start at 03:57
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/11/2020 at 01:51, AY Mod said:

Only ten years left to tick all these off for the 50th anniversary of the Rocket 150 cavalcade. ;)

 

Novelty
Sans Pareil
Lion
Midland Spinner
Lanky saddletank
WD 2-10-0

Andy, piease use your influence, I am 74:(, a Spinner ...........Soon!!:D:(:good:.

Mike

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ikks said:

Andy, piease use your influence,

 

Sorry Mike, I have no 'influence' anywhere. I do dislike the contemporary 'influencer' phrase. All I do is keep my ear to the ground but then I couldn't possibly divulge anything learnt, as the phrase goes "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you" wouldn't exactly help you get one in the long run. :)

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ikks said:

Andy, piease use your influence, I am 74:(, a Spinner ...........Soon!!:D:(:good:.

Mike

Have faith. The "iconics" (GNR No1, Hardwick) have appeared, the Spinner  belongs with them, Rapido have mastered a single, John from Rails in a recent interview with Jenny Kirk said they have lots in the pipeline including something he hopes to announce soon in the new year; so with absolutely no knowledge or proof whatsoever I am sure we will see one sooner rather than later.

Edited by daltonparva
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AY Mod said:

 

Sorry Mike, I have no 'influence' anywhere. I do dislike the contemporary 'influencer' phrase. All I do is keep my ear to the ground but then I couldn't possibly divulge anything learnt, as the phrase goes "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you" wouldn't exactly help you get one in the long run. :)

Apologies Andy, no inference intended, just trying to have a bit of fun.

 

Rgds......Mike

Edited by ikks
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.