Rails of Sheffield Improved Precedent Class

AY Mod

• Moderators

The partnership of Locomotion Models and Rails of Sheffield will today (12th November 2020) at 1200 (Noon) announce a new ready to run locomotive. This model has never previously been available in ready to run form in OO Scale.

The announcement would normally have been made in front of invited guests but unfortunately the current situation resulted in us having to seek alternative ways of communicating this exciting news to you.

We are delighted that Hornby Magazine volunteered to film the announcement for us and you can come back at 1200 to see us reveal what the partnership of Locomotion Models and Rails of Sheffield will be producing next in conjunction with Bachmann Europe Plc.

We look forward to you joining us.

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2

• AY Mod locked this topic
  • AY Mod changed the title to Rails of Sheffield Improved Precedent Class
  • AY Mod unlocked this topic
  • RMweb Premium
Just now, woodenhead said:

Wow, there isn't an emoji button for this one.

Of course there is another annoucement to come isn't there - where is Hardwicke!!

It's on the Locomotion thread as a NRM exclusive.

Completely out of my modelling interests, but a very pretty engine that is likely to be the second loco on my "Bought but never planned to run" fleet.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Wow. In some ways, thats out of the blue, and really great to see that we are already at the livery sample stage. 

As has been said, the Hattons formations guide made a lot of chatter around this. Rails are building a reputation on pre-grouping stuff, with the Caley Jumbo, the SECR D Class too. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Many congratulations to all those involved with these locos - we wish the project every success.

We listed Harwicke in The 00 Wishlist Poll - in the last Poll, the loco only just missed being in The Top 50 by a handful of votes.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, newbryford said:

It's on the Locomotion thread as a NRM exclusive.

Completely out of my modelling interests, but a very pretty engine that is likely to be the second loco on my "Bought but never planned to run" fleet.

I went back up and saw the link.

It really is one of those 'should I stick it on the shelf' models.

Now this good news for London Road models as it opens people to testing LNWR modelling as clearly some LNWR models will never see the light of day in RTR but you'll maybe want to expand your range.  Ratio had the range of bogie coaches too if you want more than just generic 4 wheelers behind it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Interesting that these will be shipping next Spring. Which is when Hattons will be shipping their LNWR liveried 4 & 6 wheel coaches.... if I didnt know any better, I'd say these things are not a coincidence...

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Lucknow going on pre-order imminently. 

Not my period, not my railway, but she just looks right. Destined to spend a lot of time in a display case at this address. Probably the only buy to date that I can say that for.

Edited: now pre-ordered. Good job it's my 40th next week - can just about slip this in as a present to myself

Edited by Helmdon
  • Like 2

Guest Locomotion No. 3

No one outside of a small group of people within the NRM, Rails of Sheffield and Bachmann had any prior knowledge of this model and it was kept very securely under wraps. Indeed Hornby Magazine only knew about it a couple of weeks ago when we began story boarding the video and they have also kept strictly to the embargo that was 1200 today as none of us wanted to spoil the effort we had all put into this. 

Our thanks to Mike Wild and Richard Watson at Hornby magazine for making it happen. Fortunately it was scheduled for filming at Shildon last Tuesday (3 November) and was achieved before we all went into lockdown 2 last Wednesday. 

Sometimes people make educated guesses - at least one person did so in the 94xx thread earlier today!

Dennis Lovett

Exclusive Models Marketing Executive

Locomotion Models

Edited by Locomotion No. 3
Literal

What? No BR coloured version? I want one for BR.  Would No. 1673 Lucknow’ in LNWR Black livery make a good doner for BR black livery?

(Well, someone had to ask!! :D)

Just ordered one from Locomotion, now when is Gladstone coming?  

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 2
  • Funny 6