Rails of Sheffield Improved Precedent Class

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, raetiamann said:

though personally I'd rather Bachmann use their production allocation to catch up with previously announced models.

Over a guaranteed amount sold for a commission? ;)  I know which is the lower risk for Bachmann and justifies priority treatment. 
Just a no brainer for them and probably been going as long, just quietly in the background. 

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

They're doing that as well - this has been underway for quite a while behind the scenes too.

Some other over-used stances to cut and paste in case you find them useful.

• Nothing in it for me.
  • When are they doing it in N gauge.
  • I think it should be £10.

You've left out

• Its taking HOW LONG to arrive? Why isnt it here now?
  • There are too many fiddly detail parts - it wont be as robust as my Triang Caledonian Single!
  • Traction tyres? In this day and age?
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

Awesome news, if not entirely unexpected. It's funny, the other day I was thinking how curious it was that the Hattons Genesis train formations guide included an Improved Precedent, but no one had announced one.

Hmm...

"How curious it is that no one does a Metropolitan Railway A class, complete with appropriate rolling stock."

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Somebodys splashing out then.........

Suprised no ones mentioned the times in 1975 I think it was, when 790 went mainline. I was on a MGNRS tour, that had 4472 / 61306 / and 790 in various permutations from Carnforth to Ravenglass. 

So a reason to run the loco with blue and grey Mk 1s.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

They're doing that as well - this has been underway for quite a while behind the scenes too.

Some other over-used stances to cut and paste in case you find them useful.

• Nothing in it for me.
  • When are they doing it in N gauge.

You missed one.

Is it available in yellow...?

• Funny 6

3 hours ago, Locomotion No. 3 said:

No one outside of a small group of people within the NRM, Rails of Sheffield and Bachmann had any prior knowledge of this model and it was kept very securely under wraps. Indeed Hornby Magazine only knew about it a couple of weeks ago when we began story boarding the video and they have also kept strictly to the embargo that was 1200 today as none of us wanted to spoil the effort we had all put into this. 

Our thanks to Mike Wild and Richard Watson at Hornby magazine for making it happen. Fortunately it was scheduled for filming at Shildon last Tuesday (3 November) and was achieved before we all went into lockdown 2 last Wednesday. 

Sometimes people make educated guesses - at least one person did so in the 94xx thread earlier today!

Dennis Lovett

Exclusive Models Marketing Executive

Locomotion Models

Dennis, 

This is a truly wonderful development for LNWR Modellers, for whom there is very little in the way of RTR available. 

I have one question which you may be able to help me with - is the production run of Hardwicke going to have the White Cab roof, or will it be black?

Thank you 

David

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Simon Lee said:

Suprised no ones mentioned the times in 1975 I think it was, when 790 went mainline. I was on a MGNRS tour, that had 4472 / 61306 / and 790 in various permutations from Carnforth to Ravenglass. 

Apart from the video launching it?

Roy

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Simon Lee said:

100148.jpg.7b1408cf41f0c360215eb5d8d475657e.jpg

I was on that trip as well. 8th May 1976. I didn't take many photos that day, and this was from the train at Carnforth I think. Not the best of shots

Edited by jonny777
Added photo.
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, LNWR lives on said:

Dennis, 

This is a truly wonderful development for LNWR Modellers, for whom there is very little in the way of RTR available. 

I have one question which you may be able to help me with - is the production run of Hardwicke going to have the White Cab roof, or will it be black?

Thank you 

David

Locomotion’s Hardwicke will have a white cab roof. Rails’ LNWR Lucknow will have a black roof.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

27 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Wrong type of locomotive.

That quote was to do with the Stars and the LNWR 4-6-0s at the time which were a bit lacking.

Jason

Given we're not exactly swimming in vast numbers of LNWR models, I think you have to accept that joke being bashed to fit the situation, rather than us all sitting around waiting for the stars to align!

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Doesn’t that rather limit decoders to things like the LokSound Micro rather than a full-fat LokSound?

Roy

The Next18 would probably be sufficient with most new locos of this size, I use micros without issue in M7’s Terriers etc, but with traction tyres you might be pushing it so I guess a 21pin is ‘safe’? Sound wise there’s no difference. 

I’ve always wondered why the most numerous class of British steam locomotive never had an rtr model ever made, particularly as there’s a survivor. 
I wonder if the second most numerous class of British steam locomotive will ever have a rtr model made?

Although it’s in my time period it’s not my Pre-grouping company. Good luck to Rails,  Bachmann  and Locomotion, I hope it sells well.

Brian.