Rails of Sheffield Improved Precedent Class

AY Mod

1 minute ago, Compound2632 said:

Can't be - I've not been asked to pay my balance yet.

yes but if they had a lot yesterday who did bounce/refuse/have died... that would have freed up overnight stock, which has now gone again. So if anyone does miss out, the moral might be to keep your eyes open in the coming days.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Helmdon said:

yes but if they had a lot yesterday who did bounce/refuse/have died... that would have freed up overnight stock, which has now gone again. So if anyone does miss out, the moral might be to keep your eyes open in the coming days.

thanks, yes, that's what I meant! 

cheers,

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I’ve found a problem . . . Even my smallest crosshead screwdriver won’t fit in the hole to undo the tender body! ;)

Now I need to find a micro screwdriver that will fit! I have several tiny ones from the usual sets but the shaft is still too big!

:lol:
edit!

the grinding disc was brought into action to slim down the head and got inside. Beware the tender guard irons are very thin plastic and delicate. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 29/11/2021 at 22:30, AY Mod said:

That's it in a nutshell. The models have been produced (I can see the date in the box when they were packaged) and have been shipped. I know they're on the way but there's a combination of longer journeys, ships leapfrogging each other in journeys (as they may be stopping off at additional interim points due to changed schedules) and then end up in a different final port than intended with further onward shipment. Importers are constantly getting revised dates on shipments. Then they probably all arrive around the same time and need processing and checking before onward fulfilment of orders. The whole process is a minefield at the moment and all anyone wants to do is get the models into the hands of customers just as much as the customers want to see them.

Hopefully everyone can just take a breath and accept they'll be with everyone as soon as they can be.

Yep........who cares, they're on their way:good:

Mike

Edited by ikks
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, cornelius said:

I really need to resist one of these.

Very weak!!!, I resisted for two whole days before I ordered one:man_in_love_mini::D.

Mike

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Had a pleasant surprise today. Know that I had ordered both a LNWR and a LMS locos when they were first announced and assumed that I had pre-ordered both from RoS paying £60 in deposits.

Just before lunch received an email from UPS advising that  a package from the National Railway Museum was on its way to me. An hour later the package arrived at the front door containing Hardwicke. I was somewhat confused as I was not expecting anything from the NRM.

Panic set in thinking that by mistake I had pre-ordered two LNWR locos, one each from NRM & RoS. A quick rummage through my credit card records (which, being an ex-banker did not take too long!!) and found that I had ordered on the same day LNWR version from NRM and the LMS version from RoS. Further examination showed that I had paid the NRM in full with a £30 deposit being paid to RoS. 

This means, of course, that having paid the NRM in full in advance now only have to pay RoS for one loco instead of two. December has turned out to be an expensive month with the Ffestiniog Double Fairlies, the Caley 812s (which arrived this morning) and the Improved Precedents arriving in the same month so finding out that Hardwicke had been paid for in advance was a blessing in disguise as there is no need to raid the piggy bank this month.

Hardwicke is currently making it's way round the test track, it looks gorgeous!

Keith

• Like 4