Locomotion/NRM souvenir van now available

AY Mod

• Moderators

SOUVENIR VAN NOW AVAILABLE

Van_2.jpg

Locomotion Models has teamed up with model manufacturer Dapol to produce the first, of what we hope, will become a series of OO Scale collectable wagons. Just 250 models have been produced.

The livery of course is fictitious, but they make a great souvenir of your visit to either the National Railway Museum in York or Locomotion in Shildon and can be bought over the counter at our shops at both venues*. They make ideal presents too costing just £15.00 each and with Christmas approaching they make ideal stocking fillers. They will also be available at our exhibition stands at model railway exhibitions we attend but unfortunately due to the current Covid-19 restrictions all the events we were due to attend up until next Summer have been cancelled.

Produced in OO Scale, the souvenir van has metal wheels and NEM coupling pockets, allowing modellers to fit an alternative coupling if so desired.

4.jpg

6.jpg

Limited to just 250 examples, we know that wagon collectors, will be keen to snap them up.

For further details please see www.locomotionmodels.com

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Guest Locomotion No. 3

Demand has been high for our stock at Shildon and we have sent for additional stock from York to be delivered to us by courier.

Please bear with us if orders take a little longer to process whilst we await for reinforcements to arrive!!

Dennis Lovett

Locomotion Models

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, MitchelMor said:

I take it that's it now that they're sold out?

It doesn't say that does it? Additional stock is being sent from York to Shildon to fulfill a higher than expected number of mail orders.

Just now, AY Mod said:

It doesn't say that does it? Additional stock is being sent from York to Shildon to fulfill a higher than expected number of mail orders.

Sorry, I meant that the website says they are sold out

I read the post above to mean that there may be a shipping delay on existing orders, but I'll be very happy if there are more coming

• RMweb Gold

I'd also suggest that if 250 models have sold out this quickly, then the NRM will be ordering more. 

Its an ideal souvenir from the NRM/Locomotion, as purchasing a locomotive can be quite expensive, but a van like this for £15 is ideal. 

Guest Locomotion No. 3

The first 100 were sent to Shildon and these have now sold out.

The demand has been far greater than expected and stock is being moved from York to Shildon by courier. With both locations currently on lockdown we have only limited staff on site and this may take a little longer than normal as couriers are also busy!

The stock position on the website will change when they arrive at Shildon and Stuart can start processing orders for them.

Dennis Lovett

Locomotion Models

7 hours ago, JohnR said:

I'd also suggest that if 250 models have sold out this quickly, then the NRM will be ordering more. 

Its an ideal souvenir from the NRM/Locomotion, as purchasing a locomotive can be quite expensive, but a van like this for £15 is ideal. 

Fingers crossed

It really is a lovely little van and it's priced very well. Fingers crossed they still have some when payday rolls around