Steam on the Gotthard line.

I do enjoy seeing older Swiss videos, brilliant!  I feel for the fireman though as they climb the north ramp...

One quick hopefully constructive comment; the engine that arrives with special train is an Ae 6/6 rather than an Re 6/6. An Ae on a passenger service would be a treat in itself these days, and I suspect it wasn't too common by the late 90s either.

15 hours ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

I do enjoy seeing older Swiss videos, brilliant!  I feel for the fireman though as they climb the north ramp...

One quick hopefully constructive comment; the engine that arrives with special train is an Ae 6/6 rather than an Re 6/6. An Ae on a passenger service would be a treat in itself these days, and I suspect it wasn't too common by the late 90s either.

The 141R is one of the oil fired versions, so not too strenuous for the fireman.

You're quite right about the Re6/6 being an Ae 6/6 - I wondered who'd be the first to spot that!  It's one of the ones without the whiskers on the ends, so that's what threw me.  But what-a-mistake-a-to-make-a! 

I don't know whether I can change it now that it's on YouTube as I haven't found a way of replacing videos without deleting them and starting again.  Does anyone know if that can be done?  If there's no way of doing that, I can only put a correction and an apology in the comments.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.  As you say, the Ae6/6s didn't haul passenger trains every day of the week!

A further instalment will appear on YT in due course, so watch this space...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Evening All,

The second part of my Swiss video from 1997 is now on YouTube.  Although 141R1244 does appear in it, It's mostly the normal SBB passenger and freight trains going about their day to day business.  Having said that, a lot has changed since 1997 so even they have historical interest.

Here's the link if anyone would like to have a look:

Hope it's of interest.

• Like 1