November update - a little news.

rapidoandy

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all safe and well.

We thought it was time to share a short Rapido Trains UK update. Jason has let slip that there are new things on the horizon but we also need your help.

To be one of the first to hear about our latest products and news head over to www.rapidotrains.co.uk and sign up to our Newsletter.

Enjoy!

Andy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

To be one of the first to hear about our latest products and news head over to www.rapidotrains.co.uk and sign up to our Newsletter.

So is this a new newsletter, or are those of us who signed up to the previous UK newsletters still signed up?

4 hours ago, mdvle said:

So is this a new newsletter, or are those of us who signed up to the previous UK newsletters still signed up?

It is a revived version of the previous newsletter. If you have already signed up then there is no need to do so again.

Andy

• Thanks 2

Without encouraging a frothfest, Andy posted on the GWR modellers Facebook page yesterday that :

“Who knows there may be something new for GWR modellers...”

Lots of ifs, maybes and possibles but am now looking at my kit items I’ve recently completed or in progress and wondering which it will be! Basically, the law of sod will apply as usual! The good news is my GW horse bus is unstarted so it won’t be that!!!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Something for GWR modellers could well be the GPV?   Or Andy was just stirring the froth early for Christmas.   I wonder if something self-propelled from Rapido might well be an 0 gauge item?  In 00 maybe a good commercial idea could be Mr Kitson who wouldn't be keeping still?  That might also have a GWR connection assuming the idea is not in the vapour zone?

And of course the fact that it was mentioned on the GWR modellers' Farcebook group doesn't mean that it is coming from Rapido - they're not the only 'manufacturer' on the block, everybody is at it nowadays from retailers and magazines right through to long established names in the hobby.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

....and logistics are currently being lined up for the Model Rail/Rapido 16XX to be delivered to the UK, so is that the GWR model that's being talked about? Who knows? Immediately following that delivery we'll be looking to start work on the LBSCR 'E1' I'm sure plus, Rapido might even have some surprises for us. (CJL). 

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

The GWR Facebook group mentioned is private, so a quick glance means one can't see the post.

That said, it would appear that the Andy is Andy Hardy aka rapidoandy and I would assume that he wouldn't be posting a teaser about somebody else's product, so a safe assumption that he is talking about Rapido.

Rapido (both Jason and I believe the video from Andy) have indicated that in addition to the GPV there will be a couple of announcements soon.

There is no need to tease about the Model Rail 1600 as it is public, and similarly Rapido have been open that they are proceeding with the GPV so teasing about it wouldn't be a great idea.

So it would seem the tease is likely about a Rapido loco (because Jason mentioned locos I think) to be announced, and the idea that at least one of them would be GWR is a good bet given Bill likes the GWR.

33 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

I'm sure I saw it somewhere where it said two new locomotives being announced soon. Or am I mistaken?

Hopefully something LMS related this time.

Jason

Yes. I believe you are correct. I can’t be bothered to watch the video again but I seem to remember mention of two locos, two buses and rolling stock which I read as the Gunpowder van. 

Am not going to be drawn on what the possibilities might be. Hopefully a nice Xmas surprise on the way. 

• RMweb Gold

I suspect it is most likely loco wise to be something smaller perhaps representative of the tank engine approach to life.  So apart from the one I have mentioned above Rapido has a  blindingly obvious and quick way into GWR tank engine land which amounts to not much more that a new body on a chassis they have already designed.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

New York City hobby shop Trainworld just held a roundtable with a bunch of US manufacturers, Bobby Allard represented Rapido.

When asked about the future of the business, the response was Rapido was working on setting up a new production facility (to go from 3 to 4), and they have a "very, very ambitious program for the UK"

At around the 1h 38m mark

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

As the very satisfied owner of a rake of Rapido N scale Osgood Bradley coaches I will be keeping fingers crossed for something steam in British N to the same standards. Some of us will pay for quality Andy!

RT

On 13/11/2020 at 04:11, Steamport Southport said:

Anybody mentioned the bus on the bridge yet?

:prankster:

I know it's a cliché some absolutely hate, I quite like the idea as long as it looks right.

Well, there are lots of buses available, how about a new road bridge ?

;-)

• Like 1