Help needed with Hornby Dublo castle body and Wrenn chassis fitting.

Hi all,

I have been working on a Hornby Dublo Castle. Body and tender have been sorted and painted. The chassis arrived today. It is a newer Wrenn chassis and it was supposed to be able to fit a the H?D body. But it does not. The back fixings are completely different and the rear of the body needs significant modification. Involving removing quiet a large amount of metal. I wondered if any one here had attempted such a challenge and how did it go. Or should I just send it back for a refund..

• RMweb Premium

I think you've got a 1/2" motor body and a ringfield motor chassis. My guess would be that you would be better looking out for a Dublo 1/2" chassis (if there is a 2 rail 1/2" variant).

While Dublo did both I think wrenn only carried on the later ringfield so the seller would be correct that it would fit Dublo bodies but only those that has the same motor.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Bit more googling and it seems Denbeigh Castle had 2 rail 1/2" variant and Cardiff Castle was ringfield when produced by Hornby. Not sure if that helps but at least you know what you need does exist...?

• Informative/Useful 1

Hi SR71,

Thanks for looking. I was told about the Denbigh Castle chassis by the person I bought the ringfield chassis from. He has kindly sold me another Wrenn castle body at a good price to go on the chassis. Still now leaves me with an almost mint Bristol castle body shell to go back in my spares box. And the thrill of painting another body. The Denbigh castle chassis are like the proverbial Rocking horse droppings so I will not hold my breath looking for one.

• Like 1