• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Out of stock.

But Wizard/51L do them. 12 for £1.80

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/wagons/etched-wagon-brake-gear-vees-uc064/

Cast ones as well.

https://www.wizardmodels.ltd/shop/wagons/uc065/

Jason

Out of Stock at Wizard too. I'd rather steer clear of cast ones! I'd cut my own from plasticard first. That is the current method of last resort. I'd prefer the strength of etched brass or nickel silver.

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Mark Forrest said:

EMGS used to do some, not sure if still available, if I reminder correctly they were originally D&S.  I’ll have a look later to see if still available.

Just had a look through the EMGS (and S4 Soc) stores, doesn’t look like these are available anymore unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

I'd cut from brass or tinplate rather than plastic (for strength) or just solder two bits of strip together. IIRC the etchings referred to above are too small. (I've till got the remains of a sheet somewhere!)

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Il Grifone said:

or just solder two bits of strip together. 

The drawback of that idea is that I'm after vees to go on the outside of wooden solebars, so they need the bend where they go from angled to vertical, for the wagons I'm modelling.

1 minute ago, Compound2632 said:

The drawback of that idea is that I'm after vees to go on the outside of wooden solebars, so they need the bend where they go from angled to vertical, for the wagons I'm modelling.

I'd file a notch in the strip and then bend to shape, fill the bend with solder and file flat. A lot of hassle I admit.... Bolts from fine wire - more hassle especially as they should be square!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, t-b-g said:

I recall seeing an etch of wagon V hangers from Ambis Engineering. They have lots of wagon brake bits in their range. Might be worth a try.

Bingo! Thanks Tony. It took a bit of digging around on the website but there's an etch that has Vs along with other solebar ironwork - designed for RCH 1923 wagons but more than near enough.

• Thanks 1

The Ambis Engineering website isn't particularly user friendly, and you might find something more suitable if you dig deeper.  I think the etch you've found might include pre-1923 V hangers. Have a look in their downloads and details section, the piece on V hangers, although labelled as RCH 1923, describes other hangers on the etch.

image.png.6e0add1269c453ef74a681fc2a1fcf72.png

On the price list are a number of different hanger etches which might be more suitable for your purpose.

image.png.181c539836a7356ea1b26f3f548597fe.png

I have nothing to do with Ambis, but I have bought a number of their etches, and find them very useful. Apologies if you have already found these items, but I still find navigating the website is often frustrating.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Nick Holliday said:

The Ambis Engineering website isn't particularly user friendly, and you might find something more suitable if you dig deeper. 

I dug too deep and found such distractions as Midland mileposts...

• Friendly/supportive 1