Pendolino lights for DC

AndrewP

3 hours ago, AndrewP said:

thanks Bartram, I'm quite new to this and where do i find instructions on fitting a decoder. I should have made clear i am only running DC.

Andy

You did make it clear you are using DC: The thread is in the non-DCC section & you even put DC in the title. How much clearer can you be? I therefore found Bartrum's responses very strange.

When you mentioned delayed response, I wondered if your unit actually has a decoder fitted, because it would prevent it responding at low voltages. I don't know how it powers lights on DC. Maybe I should try one of mine on my test track?

It is easy to include lights on DC & Hornby have included it for years on some of their models. 

I think a look inside the power vehicle would be useful. You should see if you have lights and/or a decoder. If there is a decoder inside, it will be plugged into a small 8 pin socket. If you remove this, you'll need to replace it with a blanking plate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

You did make it clear you are using DC: The thread is in the non-DCC section & you even put DC in the title. How much clearer can you be? I therefore found Bartrum's responses very strange.

The OP contains the statement 'DCC Ready' 

1 minute ago, bartram108 said:

The OP contains the statement 'DCC Ready' 

Which means it is a DC loco, unless second hand when the previous owner may have fitted a decoder.

Check that blanking plate is suitable as some have diodes on the plate to control directional lighting.

Also Pendo came in two forms - 7-pin DCC Fitted and 8-pin DCC Ready.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1