Advice on transfers requested for J94s on Cromford and High Peak

• RMweb Gold

I would very much appreciate some guidance please to find some suitable transfers for my C&HP J94s.

I am in the process of detailing my 3 J94s (so far). I have one DJM model 68012 and two Hornby ones, one of which is 68006. I will be doing a complete renumbering of the third one to 68013. (The Hornby ones have had the high bunkers cut down and the buffers corrected since the picture was taken and before anyone mentions it!)

From study of photographs (and my own very distant memory) the size of the numbers on the tank side are correct on the DJM model but too small on the Hornby version so they need replacing. They appear notably bigger than standard BR number sizes for cab sides so I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction to get suitable transfers of the correct size and colour? I have looked at Fox but they appear to say their J94 offering is cab side. I have just been informed of Railtec and will explore their product but haven't found any others yet.

I have some HMRS transfers but the biggest ones on the sheet don't seem quite big enough for this application but I might be mistaken. Any suggestions or guidance would be welcome please. Thank you.

J94s CHP model.jpg

Edited by highpeakman
Added comment about transfers fro mother companies.