Aston On Clun. A forgotten Great Western outpost.

MrWolf

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I have also been tempted by the idea of a practice plank. Although it will get built after my current layout, a much simpler 5ft X 1ft based around this:

698077849_sssLlandrinioRdstation10-31(0).jpg.55c69d7c4bda74d443d02ee6bdd8f5ef.jpg

At least I know how to build the crossing house.

I’ve got several ideas sketched out for C&HP micros and have to keep stopping myself for starting another project. Photos like this do’nt help!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, MrWolf said:

I have also been tempted by the idea of a practice plank. Although it will get built after my current layout, a much simpler 5ft X 1ft based around this:

698077849_sssLlandrinioRdstation10-31(0).jpg.55c69d7c4bda74d443d02ee6bdd8f5ef.jpg

At least I know how to build the crossing house.

Yum.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

42 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

I’ve got several ideas sketched out for C&HP micros and have to keep stopping myself for starting another project. Photos like this do’nt help!

I probably shouldn't mention that beyond Criggion terminus the railway split into the BQC quarry sidings then, run by a sentinel vertical boiler loco belonging to the quarry, WD saddle tanks and diseasels then?

Let alone posting pictures?

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I probably shouldn't mention that beyond Criggion terminus the railway split into the BQC quarry sidings then, run by a sentinel vertical boiler loco belonging to the quarry, WD saddle tanks and diseasels then?

Let alone posting pictures?

No you definitely shouldn’t mention that. 

Middleton Top was meant to be my small, get it done real quick layout to get me back in the game after realizing Cromford was a bit beyond me.
Two and a half years on and I’m still only half way there. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

I’ll admit I’ve thought about an inglenook layout…

Since they’re operated more like a puzzle than an actual railway, I could easily knock up the basic layout, use that to ‘play trains’, then add scenery / use it as a test base for trying out different techniques…

However, I’m going to stop taking up space trying to resolve my track dilemma on Rob’s excellent thread and take it over to my own, where it belongs.

Edited by Tortuga
Clarity and rerailing
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, 

Inglenook layouts aren't my thing solely on the basis that I like a loop for operational reasons. 

That said, Ruyton Road is a lovely layout and I did enquire when I found out it was to be moved on..

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I recall it having to be explained  to me as to what an inglenook was outside of 17th century peasant dwellings.

The thing that struck me with Ruyton Road is the wholesale  track demolition and relaying with scale track.

I'm with you on the loop principle, I also like to be able to run a few through trains.

Edited by MrWolf
Stupid autocorrect
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening all, 

Inglenook layouts aren't my thing solely on the basis that I like a loop for operational reasons. 

That said, Ruyton Road is a lovely layout and I did enquire when I found out it was to be moved on..

Rob. 

….and GWR branch lines aren’t my thing :lol:

I couldn’t agree more regarding Ruyton Road being a lovely layout

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

I recall it having to be explained as to what an inglenook was outside of 17th century peasant dwellings

I always thought an inglenook was what posh people call an alcove :lol:

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

A-very-open-inglenook-fireplace1.jpg.1f5e2b9585f12fa5905ed31a2fb59c4d.jpg

Interesting. Nice layout shelves but I would worry about the baseboards catching fire. 

• Agree 2
  • Funny 6

40 minutes ago, JustinDean said:

Getting wild on a Friday night Rob!

I reckon you could lose a foot off that and it would still look good, plus  at 4’x1’ be ‘proper’ micro dimensions. 

A foot shorter would be a lot easier to store. The platform would only be big enough for a couple of four wheelers or one bogie coach.

Proper micro dimensions?

Somebody has set out rules for other people's railways?

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1