Does Anyone Tune Their FEP?

It appears that the tension of the FEP has some (?) impact on exposure times needed. I only say this because at one point, I had three build trays, one new from Anycubic with FEP, and the other two that I'd changed the FEP myself, of my two, one was done with a bottle cap of the size advised, the other was done with a Cap from thingyverse that was more in line with that in the Anycubic video. the first I changed I could never quite get into the frequency range without the screw heads sticking out below, the second one was much better.

The one straight from anycubic, was miles out on frequency, it was quite a bit tighter than what would produce the right frequency, but its easily the best printer tray, needing less exposure for a successful print, whereas the other two, files that worked prior to change did not work after change, particularly the one with the advised bottle cap size. 

Oh and frequency can can be changed on the app, depending on how hard you hit the fep sheet. 

Paul.

Edited by Paul_sterling

• RMweb Premium

I’ve never used anything, obviously I didn’t RTFM when I first changed one, so missed the whole sponge/bottle cap thing. I just tightened the screws to a sensible tightness. Never had an issue. YMMV. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Thats just one of the reasons why  I stopped bothering with  any of the facebook groups for 3D printers.

That and the stupid 'amusing' gifs.

For me it’s geniuses saying “should have bought a form2”,

oh and asking if you’ve levelled the bed, something which in reality I now almost hardly do, it’s not nearly as critical as getting a decent cad file, good supports, optimised exposure times etc. 

• Agree 1