Respray/commission work recommendations

Jamesb

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, so apologies in advance if it isn't. As per the title,  I'm after some recommendations for respray work. I have some locos which I want work on which ranges from weathering to full resprays and would appreciate any and all comments regarding positive or negative experiences. I'm asking as I've never used a professional service to respray locos before and I'm a little wary about picking somebody at random. I appreciate that some people may not want to offer feedback in public, especially if it's negative, so private messages are fine. Nothing underhand going on, I just want some decent feedback on who to use!

Many thanks, James

Hi, I know how you feel. I'd hate to comission work from someone that I never seen work from. I would recommend checking out https://shmodelmaking.co.uk/ Haven't used him yet (probably will soon) but I have seen his work and it looks very good indeed. His website portfolio isn't up yet so you can see his work on Instagram @shmodelmaking. 

Matti

• Informative/Useful 1

4 hours ago, Matti8 said:

Hi, I know how you feel. I'd hate to comission work from someone that I never seen work from. I would recommend checking out https://shmodelmaking.co.uk/ Haven't used him yet (probably will soon) but I have seen his work and it looks very good indeed. His website portfolio isn't up yet so you can see his work on Instagram @shmodelmaking. 

Matti

Many thanks, I'll check out the link.

I don’t think Lee does anything other than O gauge now, and certainly very booked up months ahead.

I’ve been especially impressed with squirrel rails quality on here, the finish and attention to detail is excellent .

Grimy times stuff I’ve seen is also good.

• Agree 1