Need some ideas help as my spares box is nearly empty.

Hi all,

Well all there is in my spares box loco body wise is a Schools, 4-4-0, GWR 4-4-0 County and a H/D Castle body. Only chassis I now have is a mint 1959 4-6-2 Triang Princess which I am keeping. So as I am a bit short on cash and may be for some time what would be the cheapest way to turn the 4-4-0 County in to a 4-4-2 or 4-4-4 tank engine.  What chassis/motor combo would fit in what was originally a tender drive engine. I can rebuild the back of the cab using plasticard so that's is not a problem.

Edited by cypherman

• cypherman changed the title to Need some ideas help as my spares box is nearly empty.

Hi 33C,

Would have to re motor the chassis with a smaller motor. Do not think the X04 motor will fit inside the body as it was originally a tender drive  engine. But it worth looking at. I have an old Triang 4-4-0 compound/L1 in one of my boxes. I could use it to test fit. and see. This one. I will not use it as a donor engine as this is the first ever engine I tried modifying many years ago and has sentimental value for me. With money being tight at the moment The bits would have to be very cheap if it does fit.    :)

DSC_0809.JPG

DSC_0816.JPG

• Like 1