Backscenes, the options...

Jonnyb

Hi all, I’m in the process of building a 10 foot by 9 foot model railway, steam era loosely based around the S&D.

ive got the boards built and backboards up and some of the track laid but I’m undecided about backscenes.

I have three gaugemaster ones with hills and trees (as per photos) but unsure how to blend these into a dropped section of the board, would seem a bit odd to have hills and then to the left of it just sky. In the picture to the left of the back scene the board will drop for a midford style viaduct

So do I keep the back scene? Find something better (not sure what) or just paint the boards an off white/ blue 

what are peoples thoughts?  

D9F58947-BF92-4356-B161-A9B66B6063D6.jpeg

42852FFB-F448-4E09-AE85-ACA3DE360C9C.jpeg

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jonnyb said:

Hi all, I’m in the process of building a 10 foot by 9 foot model railway, steam era loosely based around the S&D.

ive got the boards built and backboards up and some of the track laid but I’m undecided about backscenes.

I have three gaugemaster ones with hills and trees (as per photos) but unsure how to blend these into a dropped section of the board, would seem a bit odd to have hills and then to the left of it just sky. In the picture to the left of the back scene the board will drop for a midford style viaduct

So do I keep the back scene? Find something better (not sure what) or just paint the boards an off white/ blue 

what are peoples thoughts?  

D9F58947-BF92-4356-B161-A9B66B6063D6.jpeg

42852FFB-F448-4E09-AE85-ACA3DE360C9C.jpeg

Just need to blend in some trees n bushes in the front part of your backscene 

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/11/2020 at 20:50, Jonnyb said:

That was the plan anyway, so you reckon on that part to the left near my cardboard mock-up just load it up with trees?

Yes i would large trees at back small at front to give it depth