45xx sound choices

Piemanlarger

• RMweb Gold

wiggy1's Wheeltapper video shows a OO model.

Hopefully the sounds from an O gauge model will be significantly better than the sounds from a OO gauge because you should be able to fit a decoder with higher amplifier output and a bigger speaker(s), which should improve the frequency response.

So what you really want is videos of such a setup in an O gauge model. And I would be interested to see them too!

Edited by Harlequin

8 hours ago, Harlequin said:

wiggy1's Wheeltapper video shows a OO model.

Hopefully the sounds from an O gauge model will be significantly better than the sounds from a OO gauge because you should be able to fit a decoder with higher amplifier output and a bigger speaker(s), which should improve the frequency response.

So what you really want is videos of such a setup in an O gauge model. And I would be interested to see them too!

The problem with 0 Gauge is we have to buy a loco (£400 + Decoder £150 and set them up, so if you have to get 15+ Steam Locos & 15 + Diesel locos you end up skint!   So the chances of getting loads of film clips od 7mm Sound fitted steam & demonstrating them on a layout, well lit on film is probably not going to happen.

On our 0 Gauge demo layout we take to Telford we have a 45XX with Wheeltappers sounds and can supply a range of different speakers, but the model has been designed for a small speaker, it sounds good but needs more Bass.

Charlie (www.dckits-devideo.co.uk)

• Informative/Useful 1

21 hours ago, wiggy1 said:

Maybe your not looking hard enough?

http://www.wheeltappersdccsounds.co.uk/page16/index.html

I was aware of them yes,I have a 14xx by them to install.

I'm looking for alternatives, some of which I may not seen / heard.

Swd is an option I'm familiar with having experience of their gwr sound chips.

Its the search for decent vids of other sim looking for, any scale for now as it's the chips make up that interest me.

Cheers

Edited by Piemanlarger

2 hours ago, Piemanlarger said:

I was aware of them yes,I have a 14xx by them to install.

I'm looking for alternatives, some of which I may not seen / heard.

Swd is an option I'm familiar with having experience of their gwr sound chips.

Its the search for decent vids of other sim looking for, any scale for now as it's the chips make up that interest me.

Cheers

• Thanks 1