Arizona Rock & Mineral in the UK

z4driver

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience getting Arizona Rock & Mineral ballast in or to the UK? I did order some online from their site a couple of months OK. It was accepted but a few weeks later it was cancelled without explanation. I have tried emailing them to find why it was cancelled, if they ship to UK or if they have a UK distibutor but have never received a reply.

Lee

The only person I know that uses it, stocks up on trips to the US. Like you I tried once but had the order cancelled and never a reply to any emails. I've got several kg of Montana highway debris rock that we brought over as part of our gardening gear when we moved to the UK. I'm still crushing the first lump to get those nice reddish shards that look like the real thing. 

IMG_1818.JPG.29c60ff78bfa3ce397cc869ebd6b35cd.JPG

19 hours ago, z4driver said:

Hi all,

Has anyone had any experience getting Arizona Rock & Mineral ballast in or to the UK? I did order some online from their site a couple of months OK. It was accepted but a few weeks later it was cancelled without explanation. I have tried emailing them to find why it was cancelled, if they ship to UK or if they have a UK distibutor but have never received a reply.

Lee

I've ordered some via Caboose Hobbies in the US in the past but the shipping was expensive back then so I dread to think of what it would be now.

Dan

Edited by warbonnetuk

• 1 month later...
On 19/11/2020 at 10:46, z4driver said:

Possible alternative, the current (December 2020) free version of Model Railroad Hobbyist has an article on making your own ballast of any colour

https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/41270

• Like 1