Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

'It's already been mentioned on the thread'

Oddly enough, if I quiz Google on pretty much any railway topic, even without including RMWeb in the search terms, an RMWeb thread or two always seems to turn up in the first half dozen hits :D

• Agree 1

On 21/11/2020 at 08:18, Jonboy said:

Personally if I drop into the end of an interesting thread I will tend to go back 5 or 6 pages but not much more. If it is less than 15 pages I may go to the start and skim read it all.

(Always fun if you google a question, only for the results to be an rmweb thread you have participated in previously)

Same here, and even more fun when you discover it was you who answered the question 5 years ago and have forgotten the answer since. 

If I know the answer 'll post it. If I'm not sure of the answer but I'm reasonably sure I know where the answer is and I've got nothing else to do then  I might go looking for it and post the link. Otherwise I'm guilty of the "it's in here somewhere if you look" type response. If that's bad etiquette then the alternative is I just ignore the question. 

Edited by Wheatley
  • Agree 3

40 minutes ago, Wheatley said:

Otherwise I'm guilty of the "it's in here somewhere if you look" type response. If that's bad etiquette then the alternative is I just ignore the question. 

I agree. However, if I cannot remember/find the link, I still might suggest the question has been answered, but with the proviso, I cannot find the post, so a search might be needed? That way the questioner won't feel they're being fobbed off quite  so much...

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, PatB said:

Oddly enough, if I quiz Google on pretty much any railway topic, even without including RMWeb in the search terms, an RMWeb thread or two always seems to turn up in the first half dozen hits :D

Half dozen?

As many as that?

I want it on top - as the first - with flashing lights and smiley icons.

I may look at the second - if I'm really bored.

As for the thir......................................

I am with the Captain here...

After all a question I feel the need to ask today may now have a slightly different answer than it did ten years ago

Remember that there is generally no such thing as a stupid question - There are just ones that you do not know the answer to.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1