Ellis Clark Trains Finescale O Gauge Wickhams

Ellis Clark Trains

On 21/04/2023 at 09:35, David Bell said:

Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago.  It really is a lovely model. I wanted to depict a War Department trolley and originally thought to order the green model. In the end I went for the black one. Here is what I did to it.

Cheers

David

20230416_182400.jpg

20230416_182314.jpg

Hi David,

Looks great as does the track, Iv tried to resist but will get the yellow one when the sound versions come into stock.

I believe firmly that our great British manufacturers should be supported as much as possible.

Can I ask where you got the track from?

Kind regards

Julian.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baggies1961 said:

Hi David,

Looks great as does the track, Iv tried to resist but will get the yellow one when the sound versions come into stock.

I believe firmly that our great British manufacturers should be supported as much as possible.

Can I ask where you got the track from?

Kind regards

Julian.

Thanks Julian.

The track is Peco. (From the Individulay range)The rail and sleepers are provided separately.

Cheers

David

20230304_122904.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I picked my Wickham trolley up from Skipton this lunch time. What a great experience!

I really can't thank Ami, Hannah and Neil enough (As well as all the canine members of the team!). I think I met Chris as well!

The actual Wickham trolley is a beautifully made and presented model.

I also ordered the Wickham trolley double hut plywood laser/multi media kit. This is also wonderfully presented and has a real quality feel about it.

I also managed to pick up an Intentio LNER/BR Platelayers Hut kit in the process.

I was made to feel really welcome and and must say I was very impressed all round.

This is my first dip into O Gauge with the Wickham trolley and I am certainly converted.

Cheers,

Mark 

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...

Looking at photos of Wickhams in there later life many had dirty black roofs. I came across a photo of a Wickham pushing a black trailer loaded with BR push trollies so after ordering a black trailer I recreated it.

IMG_3626.jpg

Edited by Nick G
  • Like 5

Another Wickham completed today, TR18. There is a couple of photos of this one on flickr of it in Bangor and Aberystwyth. As I am in North Wales I had to model this one with its flatbed trailer.

Wickham.TR18-6-8-23a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I made them from a piece of party tablecloth which is like a very thin plastic material. I painted a piece yellow then made a template out of card fpr the sides and used that to cut it to size. Stick in place with PVA glue. This is made from the same but painted a different colour obviously.

Wickham.TR18-6-8-23.jpg

Edited by Nick G
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Nick G said:

If you cant find anything suitable PM me and I will send you a piece if your doing a Wickham  with side sheets.

Thanks. I know the stuff you mean. Wasn't for anything specific, just one of those bits of knowledge to store away until needed!

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Chris-ECT said:

On the 2nd and 3rd of September we will be at the Gauge O Guild's Guildex at Stafford Show Ground

We will have the full available range of Wickham Trolleys to look at and purchase! 

Come over and say hello if you are visiting

Will be in the queue to relieve you of mine (ordered & paid) 😉👍

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 23/08/2023 at 16:58, Chris-ECT said:

On the 2nd and 3rd of September we will be at the Gauge O Guild's Guildex at Stafford Show Ground

We will have the full available range of Wickham Trolleys to look at and purchase! 

Come over and say hello if you are visiting

I am hoping to come along. I am exhibiting at the Stafford railway circle exhibition at the same venue on Saturday 23rd September and Sunday 24th September. Will you be there?

On 27/08/2023 at 16:59, Nick G said:

I am hoping to come along. I am exhibiting at the Stafford railway circle exhibition at the same venue on Saturday 23rd September and Sunday 24th September. Will you be there?

Unfortunately we are only attending the Guidex event at Stafford. We are are at a few different shows coming up which I will post up here once this weekend has finished.

• Like 1

On 27/08/2023 at 16:59, Nick G said:

In some ways it's a pity these two Shows are so close together, as I doubt I'd get a second Day Release Pass so soon after Guildex.😳

The fact we're also away the weekend of the Stafford club show this year is a moot point. 🙄

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...