Warley Exhibition 1989

Chris M

Don’t know whether this will be of interest to anyone in these dark times. A little bit of video of the Warley exhibition in 1989 . In those days it was held at the Harry Mitchell Centre in Smethwick. I’m the young man an the ticket table about 18 seconds in.

• Like 13

Wow. There's a lot that's changed since then, and not just the size of the hall! You can't imagine a ticket seller with a cigarrette in one hand and a programme in the other, now :D

Are any of those layouts still in existence? 

10 minutes ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Never mind the chap smoking, did anyone watching this exhibition actually see anybody wearing a facemask and keeping two meters apart !

This was 31 BC, in those days people were allowed out whenever and whereever they wanted to go, no electronic tags on them that registered everyone they have been within 2 metres of for 15 minutes.

People didn't even have to wash back then.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

20 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

This was 31 BC, in those days people were allowed out whenever and whereever they wanted to go, no electronic tags on them that registered everyone they have been within 2 metres of for 15 minutes.

can’t see many huge rucksacks though?

• 4 months later...
On 20/11/2020 at 18:04, woodenhead said:

This was 31 BC, in those days people were allowed out whenever and wherever they wanted to go, no electronic tags on them that registered everyone they have been within 2 metres of for 15 minutes.

Steady on.

Anyone would think this was all a plan :blink:

Going a little off topic. All being well the 2021 NEC exhibition is on. I’m only on the periphery of things these days so I don’t have any details other than the official statement. The only thing I do know is that the the Warley Club team is working closely with the NEC. 

• Agree 1