Many years ago on the Nene Valley Railway.

Evening All,

I'm passing my lockdown time by digitalising some of my old VHS tapes and am currently working on the footage taken during my time as a PW volunteer on the Nene Valley.  The first clip showing the N7 Class 0-6-2T at Orton Mere is now on YouTube, so if anyone would like to see it, this is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NBwpbSJE-8

Hope it's of interest. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Afternoon All,

I recently added another vintage video taken in my volunteering days on the NVR to YouTube.  This is the link if anyone would like to have a look:

Hope it's of interest.

TTFN.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Evening All,

I've just added another part of my 1990s NVR video to my YouTube channel; this part includes a visit by 60103 FLYING SCOTSMAN  in April, 1994.  Hope it's of interest:

TTFN,

Ron.

Edited by 45669
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Morning All,

The second part of my footplate ride on FLYING SCOTSMAN in 1994 is now on YouTube.  It covers the return journey from Peterborough to Wansford:

Hope you like it.

TTFN,

Ron.

• 2 months later...

I've just put another of my old VHS videos of the NVR on YouTube.  It was taken at a diesel gala in October, 1994 and includes D306 and 58 049.  The PW gang are also seen at work fettling the Fletton Loop in readiness for 60009 to visit later that month.  Here's the link if you'd like to see it:

TTFN,

Ron.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A short video of the Nene Valley Railway in 1995 when it was celebrating 150 years of railways in Peterborough:

It features 35005 CANADIAN PACIFIC with a shot of 45596 BAHAMAS at the end.  Further videos from this event to follow...

TTFN,

Ron.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...