Class 158 - New Tool

• RMweb Gold

Hi all.

Couldn't find dedicated thread for this. 

Originally announced in 2018. 

The latest edition of the Bachmann Times (Winter 2020) shows a "Preliminary CAD drawing for the all-new Class 158 DMU". 

I'm sure it will find it's way onto the web eventually, but I have to say the CAD looks excellent. Certainly light years away from the rather dubiously shaped original model! 

So, current status: CAD seen November 2020. 

Tom. 

Edited by TomE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • RMweb Gold

According to the spec it will have a pre-fitted speaker. They didn’t announce a sound fitted version, but since they have the files from the OO version I can’t see them not doing one. 

Tom. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

This is really good news.  After the old 170 was turned out again without lights or DCC but at a premium price I worried the same might happen with the 158.  Perhaps poor pre-sales of the 170 have encouraged them to press on with a new 158? Full marks to the manufacturer.

For those of us that don’t have membership, is someone able to photo the CAD image from the Bachmann Times (Winter 2020) and add to this thread - thanks :good: 

No doubt it will have all the latest innovations like DCC Next18 and sound fitted, etc, etc.... frankly working head/tail lights will be a massive step forward for the Farish 158 xD !

I do wonder in which decade we will see it though.... 2030s perhaps :rofl_mini: [bit harsh?] !!!