Wrenn 2-6-4T chassis running problem

railroadbill

40 minutes ago, laurenceb said:

Similar to too many books,  also imposable

You Know when you have too many books. It is when the floor starts to bow and beams look more like bananas. And you then have to stack the books up on the floor underneath as support pillars to stop the floor above collapsing. You know there are too many when you run out of room to put more support pillars there......lol

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, cypherman said:

You Know when you have too many books. It is when the floor starts to bow and beams look more like bananas. And you then have to stack the books up on the floor underneath as support pillars to stop the floor above collapsing. You know there are too many when you run out of room to put more support pillars there......lol

I do know I have too many books and magazines - that has been brought to my attention recently.

We had a bathroom leak and my study is underneath. The insurers are currently getting the mould removed, then replastered and I'll need to go back home (living in temporary accommodation), to move some books/magazines to another part of the house, so ceiling & walls can be painted.

That's when you definitely have too many, when you have to move them at shortish notice!

As for damage to my library, it looks like a number of MRJ's have water damage, Don't really know at this stage.

• Friendly/supportive 4

Hi Kevin,

Sorry to hear about your flood. I hope you manage to get the MRJ's dried out. One thing you can do is buy a load of cheap rice. Fill a box the size of the magazines at the bottom with the rice. Put a magazine in, Then add more rice then another magazine and repeat till you have got all your magazines covered. Leave for several days. The rice should absorb the water. I have also heard of dried peas being used in the same way.

• Informative/Useful 1

10 hours ago, laurenceb said:

Similar to too many books,  also imposable

I get this one too !  :scratchhead:

I must try the rice idea. I find that water causes the pages to stick together.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Agree 2