Value of sound fitted locos

TerryBewdley

• RMweb Premium

Morning all I need help valuing sound fitted locos before I sell them, some of the locos are; City of Truro LMS Diesel 10001 plus T9 and Midland Compound.

Hope it’s ok to post this here I noticed when you place adverts you need to put prices for each item.

Terry

If you are looking to sell on this site, then I think you need to be an RMWeb Gold member.  If you sell on E-bay, then it sells at whatever someone is willing to pay.

With regards the actual value of a sound fitted locomotive, I guess the question is what decoders have been fitted, what type of speakers have been fitted and whose sound projects have been used?  All will affect the value to some extent.  I would presume that someone will be willing to pay more for a locomotive fitted with an ESU or Zimo decoder than they will for a Hornby TTS decoder.  Similarly, they will presumably be willing to pay more for a locomotive with an ESU Loksound v5 than they will for a Loksound v4 or v3.5.  They will probably also be willing to pay more for the 'full fat' version of the decoder than a 'Select', which can't be re-blown with a different project.  If the speaker has been upgraded, then someone may pay extra, especially if you've had them fitted with EM2s, compared to a basic cheap speaker.

• Agree 1