Lenz 100 / Loksound V5 compatibility issue?

DavidM

I've put a Loksound V5 (58419) in a Dapol O gauge 08 fitted with an Olivias Trains sound project.

On my Lenz set, this doesn't respond to any controls, although all the lights  are constantly illuminated.

On my powercab the loco works absolutely as it should (sound, lights, changing CVs etc).

My Lenz set has the latest firmware (as far as I'm aware) and operates locos fitted with Loksound V4 XL, V5XL, Zimo and Hornby TTS sound decoders with no issues.

Has anyone encountered similar and found a solution (or something to try?)

Thanks, Dave

Edited by DavidM

What's the address of the loco ?   And is that long or short ?

The legal addresses on NCE and Lenz are different, and that could account for things. 

Has the address been used on the Lenz system before, and has its status been changed in any way (eg. speed steps or similar?).

Hi guys, have tried it with both short (3) and long (8709) addresses with no success. I've not used 8709 on the set before.

I've also tried the decoder on a Lokprogrammer / ESU decoder tester with no issues, so it's pointing towards the Lenz set being at fault here?

Dave

Edited by DavidM

I'd double check the firmware in the Lenz unit. We had a few wobbles with LokSound 4 locos a couple of years ago at a Freemo meet where the loco was fine everywhere else but the Lenz. In our case it would run but none of the functions above 12 would work. The owner of the Lenz gear did a firmware update and all was fine. <your mileage may differ> You may also want to look at whether or not Railcom is active on either the Lenz or decoder. 

Edited by AndrewC
forgot to mention railcom