Collett 57’ bow ended interior colours

I am detailing a Hornby Collett 57’ bow ended composite, in Chocolate cream with crest livery, following Gerry Beale’s MRJ 247 article. My modelling period is 1928-1932.

However he states that he picked out the corridor screen in “mahogany” and “walnut” but not which bits. I can see from Russel’s books that the panels either side of the compartment doors are light colour but what about the doors and below the waistline (not visible from ground level)?

Also for a late 1920s coach would 1st class seats be chocolate rather than blue (Hornby)?

Am I also right in thinking that the “no smoking” red triangles are not seen until mid/late 1930s?

Just like to get it right if I can.

Edited by Darwinian
correct auto correct

• Darwinian changed the title to Collett 57’ bow ended interior colours

Thanks Miss P. I appreciate those are preservation era but assuming the corridor view is about right it would fit with the mahogany colour below waist level (Which would make sense as it will get dirtiest) and much lighter panels above than the Hornby plastic. Doors appear completely dark colour.

The Great Western (SVR) Association have done a fabulous job restoring their Collett bow-ended composite 6045. Their restoration blog is choc-full of images including a lot of interior shots here.

They've restored her into 1927 - 1934 livery and I would assume internal finish, so it exactly matches what you are trying to achieve. I cant speak to their adherence to historic accuracy but I would bet a decent amount that they know their onions and have done their research. 

Cheers

CoY

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1