Revolution Trains Facebook live number 6

Lukas G.

Once again, another Revolution trains Facebook live broadcast will start on Tuesday the first of December 2020, and will bear news of a brand new N gauge model. This facebook live will bring news and announcements which conventionally would have been revealed at Warley.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Ed-farms said:

Given Accurascale is potentially doing a 73/9 with KMS Railtec could we see the shrink ray out and this done in N? Would go with the Revolution Sleeper stock as well

That exact question was asked here last month by @gelboy45 and elicited the following response from Revolution’s Mike @red death Hale:

“We don’t have any imminent plans for a 73/9. Might be worth asking Dapol to reconsider producing a 73/9 in N given they have a chassis for it!”

Edited by Western Aviator

If that's so, perhaps Revolution wouldn't want to do something a mainstream manufacturer could do with (Relative) ease - as they already have the 92 which can pull the sleeper mk 5s, and Dapol's 68 for the TPE coaches, so I would estimate something else. Perhaps a new Multiple unit now that the 320 is in production?

• RMweb Gold

A Battle of Britain/West Country because Dapol have take so long? :D

Seriously though, in the last live there was mention of new models from Sonic, I think both N & OO if memory serves, so could be the official announcement of those? 

Tom. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Just to dampen a little ardour, Sonic is well underway with new locomotives in 00 and N, however the next N model will only be unveiled once the 56xxs are here, and they are expected to be leaving China very soon.

The new product we are announcing is a Revolution model, and not something that has been previously offered, or proposed to my knowledge, by any other N manufacturer.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Ben A said:

The new product we are announcing is a Revolution model, and not something that has been previously offered, or proposed to my knowledge, by any other N manufacturer.

A class 44 with discs to fit.

A sealed beam class 45 & 46 

Looking forward to it

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ben A said:

Hello all,

Just to dampen a little ardour, Sonic is well underway with new locomotives in 00 and N, however the next N model will only be unveiled once the 56xxs are here, and they are expected to be leaving China very soon.

cheers

Ben A.

Is it a Battle-Space Turbo-Car? (Showing my age!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roy L S said:

I don't think the next Sonic N loco is due to be announced until the 56xx has been released, and as yet I don't think we have been told that they are even finished, never mind on the boat?

Well I haven't heard anything on the 56xx and neither has my credit card - on the other hand my credit card told my Rails had processed my O6 before I got an email!

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Ben A said:

Gentlemen, you have five days, five hours and fifty-two minutes of frothing time remaining. :D

Edited by Western Aviator
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, red death said:

Not too far off the mark Nick! I’m always interested in what models people want - some things are obvious, some things are great ideas that we might never have thought of!

Too right, great bit of market research!

Was going to wait patiently for next week but if Mike is poised with sharpened pencil.......

Can't see it being something Bachmann has in their portfolio irrespective of scale, based on the chaps' operating model so prob not 117, peak etc

Mike and Ben have been clear that steam is not their area of expertise so not expecting that. I do expect more steam from Sonic and Revolution's facilitation of Sonic's entry into the UK market is a neat solution here. Unless of course they are thinking there is a gap and a market in applying some of the boundary pushing elements of the NGS Hunslet to a small steam industrial?

Modern (ish?) overhead unit- one already in the pipeline so would be surprised

I'd long thought there may be some collaboration and down sizing of the Kernow clay stuff but Kernow seem to be moving forward on this through the EFE route

73/9- would love one but Mike's been clear and the OO is still only at the proposal stage I think

So basically not a clue but......

A 21/29 was tried in Revolution's early days and, I believe, fell well short. I think that, to date, it's the only Revolution proposal that didn't make it. Often wondered, partly because I really want one, if the story would be different now with such a great track record in quality & delivery that has been built since the 21/29 was first proposed. Maybe this or the 28 is one for when the first powered transitional model, the Parcels Unit, is further down the line?

I'm far more confident that I will end up buying whatever it is than I am in predicting what it is :)

Rob

• Like 3